Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

calling any blueyonder users

(9 Posts)
kid Mon 27-Dec-04 21:36:01

I have just switched to blueyonder (from AOL) but I don't really know how to use it. I am so used to AOL I guess.
Basically, if I have a particular webpage I want to view, where do I type the full address? I have the option of an msn browser or above that, it has a section that says 'search the web' directly next to that, it has search or go.
I'm sure I've tried every combination so I thought I'd just ask here!

(re-reading that, it makes no sense but maybe someone knows what I am on about! )

ChristmasCracker Mon 27-Dec-04 21:40:26

Sorry no help here but that is the exact problem i am worried about. I want to swap from AOL but it is sooooooo easy to use and i hate the set ups of other isps.

kid Mon 27-Dec-04 21:41:20

my dad is on BY but he can't see what my probelm is. I have figured out emails just not got the hang of the internet yet!

hoxtonturkey Mon 27-Dec-04 21:42:25

we have blueyonder, but i just use internet explorer. does that help?

Cadeauxbury Mon 27-Dec-04 21:42:39

Hi kid. We have blueyonder. I'm not sure what you mean. At the top of our page when we have gone into the web and the see the blueyonder home page is a bit that says address with a long box next to it - that's where we put the address if we know it, then click go.
We also have a google toolbar that ew downloaded and we do searches through that.

Is that what you mean. If you want to msn me to ask more, Im cadbury73 at hotmail dot com

kid Mon 27-Dec-04 21:46:17

Thanks HT, I will give internet explorer a go. I have just been messing about with it and when I clicked on view at the top, all of the toolbar boxes were ticked. Have unticked several and it doesn't look too confusing now!

hoxtonturkey Mon 27-Dec-04 21:47:34

i think you need the address bar clicked on. it has a little e, & then http:// etc. but you must be doing something right if you're on mumsnet....

kid Mon 27-Dec-04 22:07:54

yes, thats the main thing that I can get on MN!
Think I have figured it out now, I'm getting clever I think!

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 28-Dec-04 13:13:05

I'm on Blueyonder and use internet explorer. It takes a while to forget about AOL (we switched form them too, 2 years abo) but you soon get used to the different way of doing thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now