Talk

Advanced search

Next Sale - 5am start....

(16 Posts)
merrymarthamoo Sun 26-Dec-04 23:43:08

In a moment of sheer madness I agreed with my best mate that yes, it would be a good idea to get to the Next sale for 5am when the store opens. Don't know whether to bother even going to bed now...I was going to have an early night.

milliways Sun 26-Dec-04 23:48:28

Which store opens at 5am? The Reading branch opens at 8am tomorrow!

milliways Mon 27-Dec-04 00:01:49

Sorry - or is it 8am Tuesday? Hope you get some great bargains if you do go.

Christmassbee Mon 27-Dec-04 05:03:05

Message withdrawn

SantaGoesToTheGym Mon 27-Dec-04 05:44:50

How much alcohol was involved when you agreed to this. ??

lilsmum Mon 27-Dec-04 06:39:23

does anyone know.... do u have to have a account with them to order over the phone?

Demented Mon 27-Dec-04 09:32:04

LOL! I did this once and it felt very strange.

We are in Scotland so our local store opened yesterday at 7am and by the time I made it there, 3pm ish, they had hardly anything left that would have fitted either of my boys. I did go on-line this morning and managed to order a couple of pairs of boots for myself but tried again with the kids stuff and everything I tried was out of stock.

lilsmum, if you phoned I'm sure they would let you open an account or open an account with them on-line.

lilsmum Mon 27-Dec-04 10:05:30

na they wont let me i rang this morn, i could kill my mum though see she had a account but closed it a few weeks ago, so i could have ordered through that.... oh well never mind

Demented Mon 27-Dec-04 12:12:51

that's a shame lilsmum!

merrymarthamoo Mon 27-Dec-04 21:59:17

I went! Got up at 4.30, was there for 5 past 5. It was OK - I was surprised at how many people were there but it was all quite laid back and civilised (not like later on when it is just so busy it's hell on earth). I spent £230 - but about £100 of that is going back when they are taking returns again. I'd do it again...

lilsmum Mon 27-Dec-04 22:34:21

merrymarthamoo, wot u mean u gonna take it back wen they accept returns? i dont understand

merrymarthamoo Mon 27-Dec-04 22:36:16

They don't take returns on the first couple of days of the sale - purely because they are too busy. But you still have your standard 28 days to take things back after that. So I'll be taking my stuff back on Wednesday...and maybe buying some more!!!

lilsmum Mon 27-Dec-04 22:37:32

do u only get the sale price back tho? sorry jus being nosey lol

lilsmum Mon 27-Dec-04 22:38:35

u know what u should do with the stuff u dont want? sell it on ebay make a profit lol

merrymarthamoo Mon 27-Dec-04 22:39:25

Yeah, you only get back what you paid! Unless you have pre-sale things with a valid receipt.

lilsmum Mon 27-Dec-04 22:41:36

oh right, i just thought there was a bit of money to be made then lol. i went at 11am to next got loadsa stuff wasnt that busy either was quite shocked at how much choice there was too, spent £115

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: