Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

grumpy threads are pants if you ask me . . .

(23 Posts)
Starofbethlibbhem Thu 23-Dec-04 23:33:52

I am in an odd mood tonight and I want to apologise if I come across as bolshy or arsey on other threads,

I have just started my Christmas Hols tonight and Mum phoned to let me know that Grandad died a few hours ago . . . my Grandmother, his wife, passed away 3-4 weeks ago. I guess he couldn't live without her. I feel sad but am happy they are together, they were married for 67 years or so, you can't ask for more than that can you?

So I am sorry for my sarky mood, some threads are too stressy for no reason - please forgive me if I speak out of term.

Going to be an odd Cristmas . . . so i want lots of wonderful stories when we all come back right?!

Happy Christmas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MarsselectionboxLady Thu 23-Dec-04 23:35:18

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I hope the rest of your Christmas is filled with joy and that you celebrate your grandparents lives.

JanH Thu 23-Dec-04 23:39:53

Oh, libb - how sad - but how right too. 67 years - blimey - what else could you do after that?

Sorry for you that this has happened just now but, like you said, happy that they are together.

Hugs. XXX

sallyhollyberry Thu 23-Dec-04 23:40:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spacedonkey Thu 23-Dec-04 23:41:13

How awfully sad {{{{ hugs }}}} to you libb and I hope you have a lovely christmas

dawniejinglebellbop1 Thu 23-Dec-04 23:44:01

Starrofbethlehem, I'm so sorry for your loss and I know that you'll miss them terribly over Christmas but I hope you get some comfort thinking that they are together and watching over you. Its lovely that they are still together, its a very raw time for you so thats probably of little comfort

dawniejinglebellbop1 Thu 23-Dec-04 23:44:02

Starrofbethlehem, I'm so sorry for your loss and I know that you'll miss them terribly over Christmas but I hope you get some comfort thinking that they are together and watching over you. Its lovely that they are still together, its a very raw time for you so thats probably of little comfort

OnZephyrstdayofXmas Thu 23-Dec-04 23:44:06

(((((((((((((((((bighugs)))))))))))))))
puts everything in perspective doesnt it. I know it doesnt make you feel better but it always amazes me when a husband and wife die so close together like that - to me that just proves that they were and are meant to be together forever and they loved each other so much that they couldn't be apart. Have an excellent xmas libb and toast their lives together

Starofbethlibbhem Thu 23-Dec-04 23:45:41

I am going to have to the Footloose dance as a tribute aren't I? They would both be so proud

Starofbethlibbhem Thu 23-Dec-04 23:46:49

They were meant to be, must've be wonderful for them xxx

OnZephyrstdayofXmas Thu 23-Dec-04 23:47:51

Bet they're up there doing the dance

Starofbethlibbhem Thu 23-Dec-04 23:53:37

thank you Zephyr - it makes me giggle because I did perform a version many moons ago for him. I hope they are canoodlng right now.

OnZephyrstdayofXmas Fri 24-Dec-04 00:09:03

Of course they are

Starofbethlibbhem Fri 24-Dec-04 00:09:46

thanks to you who posted xxxxx

Starofbethlibbhem Fri 24-Dec-04 00:55:35

and heyho to those who think having a strop about people they don't know is important.

I am really sorry. I dont get brassed off often and so I am properly sorry for my hacked off tone.

Just tired, sad and a tad miserable at the moment, it will pass. I wish all of you best wishes and have a fab Christmas and a better new year xxx

MarsselectionboxLady Fri 24-Dec-04 00:56:57

Raising a glass to you and yours Star

Starofbethlibbhem Fri 24-Dec-04 01:02:17

thank you Mars, it one of those things where you are chipper about it for a moment and then bawling our eyes out the next minute xxx

Twink Fri 24-Dec-04 06:02:39

Oh Star, big hugs to you.

A similar thing happened to mine 4 years ago, although Nan died just after New Year rather than just before Christmas & Grandad followed 10 days later.

We were torn between being happy that they were together & devasted to lose them both in such a short time.

Take care, and enjoy your kids' Christmas. xxxx

Starofbethlibbhem Fri 24-Dec-04 09:57:14

Thank you Twink, it still feels odd although I knew it was going to happen. I just hope Mum and Dad are coping, Dad tends to bottle up . . .

PamiNativity Fri 24-Dec-04 11:02:31

How sad. Thinking of you. My grandmother (last living grandparent) died not long before Christmas last year, so I understand what you're going through. It's tough when you have to be making a big effort for the kids, too. xxx

champs Fri 24-Dec-04 15:02:13

(((((((libb)))))) what sad news. sounds strange but in a way happy for your granddad cos he missed your gran so much and now they're together again. I know it is hard, it always is for those of us left behind. Love to you and your family. This is our family's second Christmas without my Gran so is sad when we remember she's not here as we used to always go to her's for Christmas.

ChristmasBOOZA Fri 24-Dec-04 17:35:49

Just seen this Libb and wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. xx

SantasLittleEgypt Fri 24-Dec-04 21:17:11

so sorry libb. hope you are ok. dads do bottle up...its sometimes their way of coping. xxx {{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now