Talk

Advanced search

Help/Advice need for stocking fillers for 11 year old girl

(10 Posts)
Lulu41 Mon 02-Dec-02 10:41:26

I am making up my partner's daughter's stocking this year and am wondering what an 11 year old girl likes these days - last year I managed with sweets and a some bits from Claire's Accessories but some of the stuff seems a bit too young for her now - any suggestions - please!!!

Tissy Mon 02-Dec-02 11:03:39

I have a 12 year old niece. She likes Claire's Accessories still. Fun pencil case items such as novelty rubbers, sharpeners, perfumed colured gel pens, basic make-up if she's allowed e.g an eye-shadow compact in neutral colours or a blusher/ lip colour cream. Mini perfume samples (you can get these from perfume counters in department stores)"novelty" socks/ underwear, packets of stickers, mini books.....any one else?

SoupDragon Mon 02-Dec-02 12:17:17

Lush bath things with lots of glitter in? Their Jingle Spells bath ballistic has silver stars in it and it turns the water purple (well, lilac). They have a Fairy Dust one with glitter in too.

bundle Mon 02-Dec-02 12:28:19

does she like music? rather than commit some pre-teen faux pas you could get her a cd case or a rack for her bedroom

janh Mon 02-Dec-02 12:50:38

Tesco have some nice little things in that pink smiley-girl range (can't remember its name), mirrors, stationery etc. I have bought some for 17 and 20 year old DDs so not too young for an 11!

You can get sets of tiny bottles of different coloured nail polish too, I assume she'll be allowed those?

Also Matalan have a huge selection of hair accessories, stick-on nail decorations and other things like that.

When mine were younger I used to trawl through places like Consumers Choice, Superdrug, Woolies of course, Stationery Box, those shops that sell remaindered books/puzzles...Kwiksave have antlers with flashing lights that play tunes, my DDs have those too (not that they're not terribly grown-up these days!) You can get quite a range of not-terribly-expensive things that don't look cheap. Good luck!

XAusted Mon 02-Dec-02 20:58:14

Tesco range is "Funky Friends" I think, I got some bits and pieces for an 11 yo girl from there. I would also go for Claires Accessories (belts, jewellery, make up) or Boots "Glitter Babes" stuff.

prufrock Mon 02-Dec-02 20:59:13

I found a wonderful cataloue the other day full of stocking fillery things. Its online here . Not necessarily all right for girls, but some wonderful stuff

mollipops Tue 03-Dec-02 08:29:23

Glitter hair gel, little notebooks, fake tattoos (if you can stand them), mini Bratz dolls, hair things...HTH!

CAM Tue 03-Dec-02 12:06:12

This is exactly the stuff that my 5 year old dd has as stocking fillers, go knows what she'll want or be like by the time she's 11.

janh Tue 03-Dec-02 12:39:25

CAM, don't panic - as I said mine still like a lot of the same things they had when they were smaller - she won't be looking for a Chippendales calendar or Bacardi Breezers or something!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: