Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How embarassing

(5 Posts)
blotto Thu 23-Dec-04 18:38:05

I am so embarassed about this. DH was given a golf cleaning kit for his birthday which he didn't want so without touching it at all we sold it on ebay for a few quid. The buyer has just contacted me all upset, understandably, because what I sold as a brand new and unwanted gift had in fact been half used.

So I look like I was trying to pull a fast one and this poor person is also now left one present down for Christmas as she can't give it to her dad in that state. Also, now I come to think about it, what about the bugger who gave it to DH in the first place? Either they used it or they themselves had been given it and didn;t want it - this thing has probably been passed on from person to person for years.

I hate things like this - I want to apologise a million times to the ebay buyer and make her believe that I am not a bad person really.

cardigansarenotjustforxmas Thu 23-Dec-04 19:08:19

oops!!

Pagan Thu 23-Dec-04 19:09:32

Just explain the truth and apologise profusely - if you still feel bad then you could offer her a full refund!

pixiefish Thu 23-Dec-04 19:10:29

oops- can you explain this to her- that it was an unwanted gift etc- just be honest. offer her a refund if she wants- she may well settle for less- a partial refund for eg. That way you can sort this out amicably

ChristmasCracker Thu 23-Dec-04 19:10:53

Have you offerd a refund ?? I would i think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now