Talk

Advanced search

Xmas lunch with 11-mth-old

(17 Posts)
sleepdeprived Wed 22-Dec-04 19:57:36

We normally have Xmas lunch about 4pm (after a nice walk around midday), but would like to eat with DS this year. Not sure whether to give him lunch at his usual time (about 11.30) then let him sit with us after his nap (12.30-2.30ish) and nibble some turkey if he wants a taste, or to have our meal at his tea-time (about 5) so that we can all eat together .... the latter plan sounds simplest but means I'd be cooking in the afternoon so not sure when we'd have our walk - I think the morning will be too busy.

Anyone else planning Xmas lunch with a baby?

sleepdeprived Wed 22-Dec-04 19:58:41

I'm not that rigid about routine, it's just that I know when DS will be tired and when he'll be hungry, so prefer to go with that than swim against the tide!

DoesntChristmasDragOn Wed 22-Dec-04 20:00:41

I'd go for the middle option - feed him as usual and let him sit with you nibbling on turkey etc if he wants. Much easier than trying to feed yourself and a baby at the same time. Used to do this with DSs when they were about 10 months old at Christmas.

Kaysleighbells Wed 22-Dec-04 20:03:13

I'd stick with the normal routine and let your ds pick at whatever he wants. It's only an hour before he usually eats so he should be reasonably hungry and at least he won't need feeding again.

If you change your routine to accomodate him you can guarantee it'll all go t*ts up on the day for some reason and you could have stuck with original plan

sleepdeprived Wed 22-Dec-04 20:03:34

Thanks DragOn, that sounds sensible

sleepdeprived Wed 22-Dec-04 20:05:21

Thing is Kay, not sure when we'd fit in our walk if we eat late afternoon - can't do it at the usual time because DS will be asleep ....

JennisaurusUnderTheMistletoe Thu 23-Dec-04 00:02:52

I am keeping to DD's normal meal times then she can nibble when we eat at about 4. She is 13mths.

GoodKingWestCountryLass Thu 23-Dec-04 00:22:33

We now have our Xmas dinner at lunchtime and go for a walk when the youngest ets up from their sleep.

kinderbobsleigh Thu 23-Dec-04 00:46:16

Yes, definitely regard any turkey nibbling as an added bonus and fed ds as normal. Much too stressful to do both at once. If he eats a lot a 4pm its not a big deal to skip the 5pm meal or just give a few raisins.

sleepdeprived Thu 23-Dec-04 09:40:26

Thanks for the sensible advice everyone

hoxtonturkey Thu 23-Dec-04 09:44:30

will he sleep in his buggy? if so, you could walk while he's asleep.

Waswondering Thu 23-Dec-04 09:44:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepdeprived Thu 23-Dec-04 09:45:19

Not for long - worth considering though

sleepdeprived Thu 23-Dec-04 09:46:36

Sorry, that reply was for hoxton, hope that was clear. Hoxton, just remembered, DP has bought DS a trike so that's part of the reason for the walk! Think he might be a bit of a road hazard triking in his sleep

sleepdeprived Thu 23-Dec-04 09:47:43

I think we will cook while he's asleep, ww - but will eat before our walk. I think!

hoxtonturkey Thu 23-Dec-04 09:52:30

i can see your point sd

Flumberrysauce Thu 23-Dec-04 10:05:29

Wow I'm not that organised either.

Yep, ours is gonna have the works with us.

Little bits after her real lunch so shes not to frantically hungry, thats what we normally do anyway. Give her some baby mashed stuff then little tasters of everything we are having. If we only give her what we are having she eats so slowly that she thinks she is full when she has hardly eaten anything. She is 10 months.

Then a lovely mashed Xmas lunch for tea.

Followed by Turkey sandwiches for 3 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: