Talk

Advanced search

Tell me to stop panicking about Christmas food shopping..........

(12 Posts)
StuffTheMagicTurkey Tue 21-Dec-04 12:08:46

It's the fresh stuff (done an online order for the rest) - you know - turkey, veg, stuffing etc. I'm going to rely on M&S for everything but can't feasibly get out until Thurs cos I'm not too well at the mo.

I have visions of emtpy shelves and me in a panic......

puTITANIAchristmaswishlist Tue 21-Dec-04 12:11:27

oooh....me too....... I've done an online shop for basic stuff thats coming tonight....DH is working now and I can't leave the house cos of having an unvaccinated puppy that chews everything in the house now....Imagining having turkey with no veg......

StuffTheMagicTurkey Tue 21-Dec-04 12:13:18

Glad its not just me. We need someone to come on and tell us they NEVER shop until Xmas Eve and there's always a food mountain left in the shops .

TumbleflumpDancingBum Tue 21-Dec-04 12:13:37

Dont Panick - Dont Panick - [Mr Mannering style] same here but was hoping to do that Friday.....

nailpolish Tue 21-Dec-04 12:15:07

thats me puff. i go to the 24 hr asda at 6am cos my cousin works there and i know cos she told me that the veg delivery is at 4am and the shelves are stocked by 6. and its quiet.

dont panic!

StuffTheMagicTurkey Tue 21-Dec-04 12:15:34

Hurrah! Ok - a few more people saying the same and I'll quell the fear of a turkeyandvegless Xmas!

nailpolish Tue 21-Dec-04 12:16:38

deep breath.......

set the alarm and go to shop at 6 - 5 if you cant sleep

LipstickMum Tue 21-Dec-04 12:17:16

The shops, especially Marks, will be well stocked, don't panic. Although can't guarantee it wont be packed with other shoppers! Make sure you go without children if possible

StuffTheMagicTurkey Tue 21-Dec-04 12:17:30

THat's the trick isn't it nailpolish - be up and out with the larks.

I could send dh, but bless him, he took 3 HOURS yesterday to find a small basketful of shopping I sent him for.

merrymarthamoo Tue 21-Dec-04 12:17:59

You can always have turkey, baked beans and oven chips!

nailpolish Tue 21-Dec-04 12:19:25

oh no dont send him. go yourself - if its quiet you might even enjoy it. (?)

walkinginawelshmumwonderland Tue 21-Dec-04 12:21:53

Don't know how many people are in London (and this is bound to happening elsewhere too but I just don't have the times) There's a farmers' market in Islington on the 23rd of Dec - especially for people to get their veg. More fun for kids too than normal shopping

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: