Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas charity idea - advice from webbers please

(12 Posts)
binkie Fri 26-Nov-04 19:43:03

ds and dd have been doing various charity type things through school and have got interested in the whole idea. They would like to "choose" a charity to do a bit of donating to next year (I thought this might be a nice annual idea, choose one each Christmas, etc.). I know that probate lawyers usually have a big directory of charities, so I'm sure somewhere on the web there must be the same thing. Can anyone point me to it?

(In the past I would have spent hours searching, but nowadays asking here is all I need!)

Davros Sun 28-Nov-04 16:41:48

Sorry, can't help but you could always just choose my son's school!
www.treehouse.org.uk

80sMum Sun 28-Nov-04 16:49:56

Try here

binkie Mon 29-Nov-04 10:42:30

80sMum, thank you. Davros, how could I not , but that still leaves one to choose [ie, for me to steer unsuspecting child inexorably towards decision already made for it].

Any of the morning not-for-profit-type working mums able to point me to anything of a more ad directory nature (ie, with pictures in?) so's I can show the children?

hatter Mon 29-Nov-04 13:15:25

Binkie - don't understand your last post - have you already made your mind up? If you want to do something topical you could do something related to Sudan. I know it's a tough one to explain to children and all a bit gruesome but there is a good organisation called Kids for Kids, that assist with income generation.

hatter Mon 29-Nov-04 13:16:11

kidsforkids.org.uk

binkie Mon 29-Nov-04 13:17:57

yes it was confusing wasn't it - I'd planned on ds and dd choosing a charity each - but realise I didn't say so!

JanH Mon 29-Nov-04 13:27:03

Have a look here , binkie - it's actually a Christmas cards site but has loooong list of charities, A-L and M-Z, and many of those listed have links to their own sites.

JanH Mon 29-Nov-04 13:28:24

BIBIC would be a good one.

Davros Mon 29-Nov-04 21:44:06

Very nice idea binkie, do let us know what they "choose"

binkie Sat 12-Feb-05 09:33:02

A dreadfully delayed update!

Ds has adopted a pod of Scottish dolphins through the World Wildlife Fund UK. Dd has joined the junior bit of the Royal National Lifeboat Inst. We used JanH's link to choose - thank you!!

(And, davros, Treehouse is getting my tax overpayment refund (which is a bit more than the dolphins etc.))

Davros Sun 13-Feb-05 19:45:36

Wahey Binkie, how kind and generous. Dophins nice too and kind-of related with the theories about swimming with dolphins and special needs. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now