Talk

Advanced search

how to get the smell of cat wee out of a buggy ??!!

(9 Posts)
chankins Sun 20-Jan-08 16:46:14

Double buggy was weed on a year ago ffs and still stinks of cat wee. Have scrubbed it and washed it and sprayed it, what else can you do ?!?

lazarou Sun 20-Jan-08 16:47:52

Yuck! Can you afford to buy a new one? Cat stench is hard to shift.

chankins Sun 20-Jan-08 16:48:59

no not at the moment. I've been on mat leave from child minding and start work again this week. Really need it on tuesday !

Misdee Sun 20-Jan-08 16:49:01

can u strip the covers off and wash them in the washing machine?

ArmadilloDaMan Sun 20-Jan-08 16:49:43

Bicarb of soda? Sprinkle it all over and then hoover/clean it off in a few hours. Or days if it is truly atrocious. It's worked on it for me.

I have spent a lot of time this afternoon clearing up cat crap. We found her secret hiding place. At least the smell is gone now. Any one want a neurotic, lazy old cat?

Thought not wink

chankins Sun 20-Jan-08 16:51:32

o thanks will try bicarb as i have that in cupboard.
cats are such a pain, ours is alsi lazy old and a bit on the neurotic side, bless her!

policywonk Sun 20-Jan-08 16:53:47

Try a solution of biological washing powder (or just wash it with bio powder) - must be biological, it's something to do with the enzymes.

ambercat Sun 20-Jan-08 16:54:19

Pets at home have some spray on stuff that neutralises the smell. I used it last year when we had a tom that kept coming in and spraying on the hall carpet, it works really well.

Jen1133 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:54:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »