Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

nature red in tooth and claw

(12 Posts)
tech (MNHQ) Sat 13-Nov-04 15:01:11

Dunno why I'm posting this but.... I've lived in my flat for five years. Out the back there are some very pretty gardens with lots of birds foxes etc. A pair of wood-pigeons has lived in the big tree out there since I moved in. I have a small roof terrace and they used to come and sit on the railings. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was walking home and saw a dead wood-pigeon on the pavement. I hoped it wasn't one of "my" pair, but ever since, I keep seeing one of them sitting alone on the ralings (as just now). I know I'm anthropomorphising madly, but he/she seems really forlorn. So, does anyone know, are wood-pigeons one of those birds that pair for life. I'm hoping my one might find a new partner. It just looks so sad sitting there on its own....

nailpolish Sat 13-Nov-04 15:03:31

what a shame! i think they do practice monogamy. i hope he/she finds love again. time is a great healer............

codswallop Sat 13-Nov-04 15:08:51

tech this is so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

codswallop Sat 13-Nov-04 15:09:37

we nee da blind date for the lonesome one

codswallop Sat 13-Nov-04 15:10:31

this one looks perky

SoupDragon Sat 13-Nov-04 15:10:48

Ahhhh.

SoupDragon Sat 13-Nov-04 15:11:29

We've got lots of wood pigeons in our garden If I see a lone one, shall I send it over?

tech (MNHQ) Sat 13-Nov-04 15:17:16

One feels one is being slightly ribbed, but...

I'll try engage it in conversation next time I see it and see if it's up for meeting new dates. I s'pose it might still be in mourning. It's only a couple of weeks. It is sad though (in so many senses of the word).

SoupDragon Sat 13-Nov-04 15:18:32

We wouldn't dare rib you - you might stop us looking at Mumsnet

codswallop Sat 13-Nov-04 15:21:28

we are ribbing slighlty but also tryig to cheer up?

tech (MNHQ) Sat 13-Nov-04 15:28:23

I know, I'm kidding. I'm alright. I'm just a bit of a sucker for animals and small children. Adults get much shorter shrift..... too much Disney as a child or something

codswallop Sun 26-Dec-04 21:03:10

here we are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now