Talk

Advanced search

Moving from cot to bed - standard bed or character bed??

(8 Posts)
ChorusLine Wed 03-Oct-07 21:26:03

DS is 2 in November and getting ready to move him into a 'big boys' bed! He is Thomas The Tank Engine mad and have seen a Thomas Bed would you spend the money on this or buy a him 'normal' bed?

fransmomkenstein Wed 03-Oct-07 21:28:15

hi chorusline!

when we bought dd's bed, we originally bought her a cotbed so it's not really an issue yet, but it's completely up to you. how long do you thinkit last him (depends on how fast he grows really)- if you can really afford it and he will get the use of it, then go for it
sorry i not very helpful.smile

ScaryMonsterStories Wed 03-Oct-07 21:29:27

Buy a normal bed.

Will last much longer.

Buy him a Thomas Duvet cover which you can easily change when he 'outgrows it'

nell12 Wed 03-Oct-07 21:30:33

Buy him a normal bed and a thomas duvet.. he will have outgrown the Thomas bed (both in height and in enjoyment of the Tank Engine) in 3 years max and you will be shelling out at least another £100 on another new big boys bed

PeachesMcScream Wed 03-Oct-07 21:30:56

Buy a normal bed. He could hate Thomas by the time he's five. Unless you're happy to buy another bed in three years time.

fihi Wed 03-Oct-07 21:39:14

we've bought DD (a month younger than your DS) a 'junior bed' because she's very small but had "issues" with the cot (girl thing. my DS's didn't!) and was just too tiny for a 3ft bed.

IMHO i would get some sort of 'normal' bed, as you probably want him to sleep in it rather than be over-stimulated and want to play when you take him there!

oh, someone else suggested to me that we should get velcro sheets & p-j's to stick child to bedgrin

ChorusLine Wed 03-Oct-07 21:46:41

Thanks everyone - I knew the sensible answer but wanted someone to say yes DO IT!! I think i just thought he might get 'excited' to go to bed as sleeping in a 'choo choo Tom' - but bedding will suffice!

Velcro is on order!

fransmomkenstein Wed 03-Oct-07 21:49:22

well i not being very sensible atm grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now