Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on stopping thumb sucking, please/

(5 Posts)
fedda Sat 29-Sep-07 21:25:11

Hi, my DS, 4 is sucking his thumb and at the same time scratching his nose. It's his comfort habbit when he is tired and I'm often not able to do anything about it because he falls asleep doing it as well. I had a chat trying to tell him why it's better not to do it but so far he is not stopping and occasionally doing it even when he is not tired. It's a habit he's formed since being a baby. he was promised his favourite magazine if he stops but it didn't work. I'd appreciate your advice, please.

SixInTheBed Sat 29-Sep-07 23:18:58

www.thumbguard.com.au/order/index.cfm
came across this and wondering if anyone has used it .my dd, 4 also, sucks her fingers and i'm looking for ways to stop her too. bribery hasn't worked. my dh was 12 before he stopped sucking his thumb and that was because he broke his arm playing rugby and couldn't get his thumb into his mouth . hopefully there are easier ways to break the habit

Ecmo Sat 29-Sep-07 23:21:58

My Ds is 12 and still sucks his thumb. Am trying really hard to stop him.
Am trying to bribe him with money at the moment

fedda Sun 30-Sep-07 22:56:00

Thank you for your advice. I'm still looking for more ideas so if anything else comes to your mind, please could you kindly let me know. Thank you.

Piffle Sun 30-Sep-07 22:57:22

no plans to stop my dd doing it and she is 5...
I stopped aged 12 with no dental issues
but dd only ever does it with her blanket and generally when ill. tired or in the car bored and grumpy....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now