Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever had the chance to visit your old home? (Not parents' obv)

(7 Posts)
Bouquets Sat 29-Sep-07 19:14:24

Was just thinking about how much we've changed our house and wondered what the former owners would think. Has anyone ever been back to an old home? How did it feel?

karabiner Sat 29-Sep-07 19:16:07

Sort of - saw our old house on rightmove recently with 7 interior pictures. Felt sad to see how little was left of when we lived there!!

kid Sat 29-Sep-07 19:16:35

I would love to visit the home I lived in until I was 5. I have some memories of it so it would be great to see how much of it was accurate.
Not sure I would want someone else nosing around in my home though because they used to live here!

Kathyis6incheshigh Sat 29-Sep-07 19:17:53

I would hate to because the new owners were turning my old bedroom into a bathroom.

FuriousGeorge Tue 02-Oct-07 22:39:18

I'd love to see my old home.Someone who knows the people who bought it said that it had been completely overhauled ,a new bathroom fitted & the garden re designed.It would make me sad though,that house had a lot of potential that we had neither the money or time to do anything about.The new owners both work full time,have spare cash & no children,so have really been able to go to town on it.

I loved my old house.sadIt was just in the wrong place.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 02-Oct-07 22:53:58

sort of, we went abroad for a couple of years, returned to house for 3mo then rented it for another 5 years - we went back last year at the end of that 5yo to check the tenant out and clear the garden before we sold it - that was wierd, so many happy memories.

margosbeenplayingwithmynoonoo Tue 02-Oct-07 23:17:15

I went back to our house a few weeks after they moved in. It felt wierd and I didn't like to think that someone would redecorate after all of the hard work and money spent on the house.

I am currently redecorating my new house, it didn't need doing but we got the opportunity to do it before we moved our furniture in. I wouldn't have the heart to tell the people who sold us their house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now