Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a bespoke sign made for my back windscreen?

(17 Posts)
CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Fri 28-Sep-07 22:31:25

I'm profoundly deaf and I want to have a sign made saying 'deaf driver' as although I am very alert to emergency services screaming past, I do worry that sometimes I may not get it right and they will be expecting me to move over more quickly etc, whereas if I had a sign, it would explain etc...

Have no idea where to start! They don't do them in halfords etc...

Megglevache Fri 28-Sep-07 22:34:45

Message withdrawn

Whooosh Fri 28-Sep-07 22:35:18

Could you print you rown and then laminate it?

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Fri 28-Sep-07 22:39:45

Ooooh....I didn't think about that....could laminate it in work....grin

'Deaf driver....don't waste your time honking'

grin

Megglevache Fri 28-Sep-07 22:51:01

Message withdrawn

Christie Fri 28-Sep-07 22:55:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleBella Fri 28-Sep-07 22:56:27

dI'd like to get one saying "the closer you drive to me, the slower I will go"

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Fri 28-Sep-07 22:59:17

Well I've got the RNID catalogue and there are no signs in there...there should be really thoguht shouldn't there??!!

I've often thought that at the speed at which emergency services barrel down roads down and expect everyone to move, is a bit dangerous given that there are deaf drivers out there....

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 28-Sep-07 23:10:13

I have got a really cool bespoke back windscreen from a small company in the states. I will find out the address and let you know, because I am sure they will do one.

Does that help?

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 28-Sep-07 23:11:15

Obviously missed out the crucial word sticker... Obviously my back windscreen itself is just bog standard..

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Fri 28-Sep-07 23:13:33

Ooooh - yes please smile

mamazon Fri 28-Sep-07 23:23:14

have a look on mobility sites as they sell a great many disabilioty signs for cars.

some are quite humerous

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 28-Sep-07 23:28:35

Will check on other slaptop, as this is DH's and its saved as a favourite on mine, so will post tomorrow? They are a really nice company so I am sure could do you something that would only be about $10 including fedexing to UK, so will deffo post tomorrow or Sun.

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Fri 28-Sep-07 23:30:32

Thanks Moodlum! smile

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 28-Sep-07 23:31:13

pleasure!

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 01-Oct-07 20:46:19

Sorry sorry sorry - I meant to do this yesterday and forgot.

These are the people I used and although it seemed a bit stupid to get it from the states, they were REALLY helpful, it was really cheap, and I paid no duty on it because it essentially came in an envelope and didn't cost enough to tax.

They have a range of nicer car stickers than on the site above, but I can't remember the address for that bit of the business.

HTH

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 01-Oct-07 20:48:09

OK. If you go to Family Stickers - that's what we used them for, and they were really easy to apply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now