Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Interior Designers

(5 Posts)
tasja Fri 28-Sep-07 10:17:00

I want to decorate my living room/diningroom. It is one big room. I've got a beige living room suite. I want to bring in cushions that is red, brown and beige. A loose rug that is red/brown and beige. Thinking of beige walls and one wall with red textured wallpaper. I'm not sure about the curtains. I've got rather big windows and french doors - ground to ceiling - the whole one wall. I would need about 4 curtains. 4 red ones seem to overwelming red. Do you have any suggestions?
How does the room sound to you?

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 28-Sep-07 10:33:00

sounds fab to me

melsy is an interior designer cat her im sure she'd help you

from looking at design magazines i know what your looking for is excuse this pouncey statement but is very last season

so there will be lots around but i think red is a fab colour for living rooms

and i think your curtains will make a real statement i would maybe suggest papering the wall opposite your windows the red so then it wont look like two walls of colour but more seperate

ikea do nice panels for windows so maybe using that as inspiration find a dark red curtain and a contrasting/complimentary panel maybe same design

have a look at harelquin they do fab room ideas and lots of fabrics and yo can pick them up every where

tasja Fri 28-Sep-07 10:36:03

thanks dressedup, will have a look

mybabysinthegarden Fri 28-Sep-07 10:43:31

I got some ready-made curtains a couple of years ago from Laura Trashley that are red, brown and beige stripes-- the fabric is ripley stripe in colour burnt sienna. I'm pretty sure they still do them but I got mine about 1/2 price on ebay.

Speaking of LA, the most recent catalogue has a colour scheme similar to what you're describing in its "inspirations" section in the front; it's called "decorative living." Too expensive for me but I love flicking through it for ideas that I try to recreate on the cheap!

suzycreamcheese Fri 28-Sep-07 10:56:11

not interior designer but love this..

i would think carefully where accent wall (red wallpaper) is, in relation to curtain wall maybe have them not opposite each other..

red is good warm colour

would maybe think of different colour for curtains..dark blue velvet something to set off the red wall

stick swatches everywhere ane switch things around

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now