Talk

Advanced search

CALLING LL PEPPA FANS!! PEPPA PIG PARTY BAGS - ANY HELP PLEASE!!

(21 Posts)
Tups Tue 25-Sep-07 15:23:19

Peppa pig party/loot bags, can only find them on e bay and other websites but am not paying £2.99 for 10 (rip off). Have found one website that does them for £1.50 but none in stock.
Anyone seen any anywhere (I think there are licencing problems hence the reason why we can't get them anywhere)? Any ideas for alternatives.
Also - Peppa Pig birthday cake, no one stocks them either - like gold dust!!!
Any help please, there must be loads of you who have had this problem!!
Thanks!

LilyLoo Tue 25-Sep-07 15:33:11

What about these bags
Have you called into your local bakery and asked them to do you a cake ?

LilyLoo Tue 25-Sep-07 15:36:50

or here Apparantly supplier stopped providing things so they all running out of stock it says.

Tups Tue 25-Sep-07 15:37:12

thanks, will have a nose!
Didn't think about the bakery thing - will go and have a look some point this week.
thanks x

LilyLoo Tue 25-Sep-07 15:38:13

An example of a cake here but am sure local shop would do it cheaper ?

LilyLoo Tue 25-Sep-07 15:39:13

try again

LilyLoo Tue 25-Sep-07 15:40:41

bit cheaper

Tups Tue 25-Sep-07 15:49:26

Love the Peppa pig in the shape of peppa - £50!!!!!!! Blimey - I'm in the wrong job!!!!
Gorgeous though

Tups Tue 25-Sep-07 15:51:28

On e bay they do cake toppers which you just put on your own cake - was wondering whether that would be an idea?

LilyLoo Tue 25-Sep-07 17:19:47

Would be much cheaper i guess , how old is dc. My dd 2 would be just as happy with that.

Tups Wed 26-Sep-07 12:51:20

delayed response - she will be 4 ..

Leslaki Wed 26-Sep-07 18:26:50

Do you have a pp house with the characters? if so buy a plain cake and stick the characters on top! Or buy one of those rice (?) paper thingies you can get and copy a picture of PP onto it then stick on your plain cake. Where do you live? Girl at work does fab cakes and she's not expensive! We're in northants.

You could make your own party bags if desperate - get some cheap cellophane bags/sheets then you could print out some pictures of pp to putin with pp facing outwards - tie with a ribbon and bingo! We did this at school at Xmas for the children with some sweets inside and they looked great! (not PP obviously for 9/10/11 yos!)

Surfermum Wed 26-Sep-07 18:35:31

I got one of those ebay cake tops when dd wanted a Tweenies cake and couldn't find one. It was fab and really easy to put on.

DANCESwithHughJackman Wed 26-Sep-07 18:38:14

peppa pig cake topper here

popmum Wed 26-Sep-07 18:39:47

i found this message on a website

NB The supplier for the peppa pig party range has stopped supplying the entire range, and thus every single retailer online and in the shops is unable to obtain more supplies of plates or anything else. Once our stock is gone it is gone, until a new supplier takes up the license, which we expect to be towards the end of this year

on: http://www.petitesouris.co.uk

so on't think you'll have any luck.

we made our own PP cake (shaped like PP) and it was MUCH better than those 2 linked wink

charlieandlola Wed 26-Sep-07 18:40:40

I have just had a PP cake thing done for my dd's birthday on Sat. If you google icing toppers, the ebay link will come up. I just emailed her to ask for a PP one, and then sent my dd's details, mailing address and paid through paypal. Dead easy. Gave up on party bags, made bags via PP wrapping paper in Toys R US, and just using pink plates etc. Did buy a PP table cloth from ebay, though. hth

DANCESwithHughJackman Wed 26-Sep-07 18:41:24

Have you got a pic of your cake popmum?

popmum Thu 27-Sep-07 21:08:54

i've added it to my profile...sorry for delay.
it did look a bit better in real life.. wink

DANCESwithHughJackman Fri 28-Sep-07 11:21:23

WOW! <in awe>

kitsandbits Fri 28-Sep-07 11:22:33

haha, that cake is awesome!!

popmum Fri 28-Sep-07 13:26:32

blush thanks. was v. chuffed with it. me and my DH made it. Actually didn;t take very long, colouring the icing was the hardest bit and it was funny when DH blew the glitter and it went all over PPs dress (was supposed to be only a star shape).
really enjoy making them actually

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: