Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how do you make sure that msn messages are not being stored on the pc?

(4 Posts)
jellyjelly Tue 25-Sep-07 15:00:11

When i split from my ex - who took the coputer he tired to use what i had said to his solicitor to fight from my son.

How can i wipe the history on my computer?

imagineafullnightsleep Tue 25-Sep-07 15:09:27

Sounds like a scum bag ! right - happy to help you on this one. First of all you need to delete the cookies from your pc. Go into "My Computer", then "C Drive", then "Documents and Settings", then there will be either a user name file (depends on how your pc is set up) which is usually your name etc. or a "cookies" file. (If there is a user name file, go into it, the cookies file will be in there). Go into Cookies and delete everything except the item listed as "Index". This will delete all history on your pc of sites you've visited etc. In terms of msn - go into tools, options, and deselect "save all conversations". (I don't have msn on my work pc - which is where I am now, so if this doesn't work, let me know, and I'll check it for you again when I get home). Also, do you have a back up drive? You'll need to make sure nothing is saved on there as well. Hope this helps

imagineafullnightsleep Thu 27-Sep-07 14:27:51

just checked for you - on msn, (if you have messenger) you need to go into Options, then Messages, then go down to message history. Just make sure the box is blank where is asks you if you want to save all conversations. This way, nothing will save on it. If he used to have access to your pc, then make sure you change all the passwords !

jellyjelly Sat 29-Sep-07 12:16:59

This is now my mums computer as e took the last one but i learnt my lesson

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now