Talk

Advanced search

How old were you before your parents stopped letting you see them naked?!

(58 Posts)
Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:14:10

We were a pretty conservative family, thinking back. I remember seeing dad's bits when he stepped out of the shower and my mum using a tampon [eeekkk] but must have been about 4 or 5 and still traumatised! grin Apart from that can't remember anything else.

I can't ever imagine covering up in front of my girls...

MaryBleedinPoppins Tue 25-Sep-07 14:15:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MorocconOil Tue 25-Sep-07 14:19:02

I'm the same Egypt. I can't remember seeing my parents, but we all walk around with nothing on all the time. We still have baths with them. DS is almost 8 and I don't intend to stop in the near future. I suppose he will suddenly find it embarrassing.

Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:20:40

yeah, i guess until they feel embarrassed you don't think twice.

Tortington Tue 25-Sep-07 14:21:55

my mother would have died had i seen anything less than a bath towel

conversely - i walk around in the buff all the time - and really i shouldnt - they are all teenagers - and we have a "sock basket" in our room ( bcuase i dont fold socks and put in drawers that shit is sooooo for people who have nothing else to do)

so kids have to come in my room for socks - dd told me she is now "traumatised forever"

bozza Tue 25-Sep-07 14:24:24

What has made you think about this egypt? We are still all doing the naked thing, although 6yo DS has started wanting privacy when he is doing a poo. I try and get DD to observe this but lucky him, it is not a privelege she allows DH or me! DD is so like velcro that it is hard to do anything privately during her waking hours so yes she has seen the full gamut of womanly things.

I think my parents kept it up until we were quite old and I definitely remember seeing my Mum change a tampon.

MorocconOil Tue 25-Sep-07 14:26:52

Oh we've got a sock basket in our room. It's never got 2 socks the same in it though.

I can remember being mortified by my Dad daring to walk around in his underpants. They were those horrible baggy white mesh pants though!

Tortington Tue 25-Sep-07 14:28:04

tip:

buy all black socks - all the time ever

Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:28:41

the thought just occurred to me last night when reliving the scenario on sunday morning. DD1 had a tantrum because she wanted to go in dd2's bedroom - but we wouldnt let her as she was still asleep.. I can still see dh sitting on her floor in the nude with his legs crossed baring all and fancy whilst saying 'Now stop all this nonsense. You can come and do a puzzle with Daddy or something else that you like, but you are NOT going in dd2's bedroom'. I couldn't really take him THAT seriously tbh.

crapcook Tue 25-Sep-07 14:29:19

Don't ever remember seeing my mums bits but I remember having a bath with her so she must have walked around in the buff when I was there.

Think it all changed when she met my stepdad when I was 5.

bozza Tue 25-Sep-07 14:31:01

grin That has cheered up my boring afternoon at work. Have to say DH covers up more than me, but definitely knows better than not to let DD in the bathroom when he is having a shower.

Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:31:15

ooo sock basket, what a good idea.

acutally, <FLASHBACKFLASHBACK>
Dad sleeps in the nude - he used to leg it from his bedroom to the bathroom pretty sharpish until we left home. Always checked the coast was clear beforehand, but of course it wasn't always....

<shudders brrrrrrrr>

toomanydaves Tue 25-Sep-07 14:32:07

was brought up in a cult of puritanism and have never seen my mum or dad naked

Tortington Tue 25-Sep-07 14:32:56

egypt - thats me! i do that.

cece Tue 25-Sep-07 14:33:17

Still see my mum naked on occasions but can't remember seeing my dad naked. He is much more bashful.

Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:35:37

what custy? sit naked, legs akimbo and discipline your child?!

Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:36:03

grin

EmsMum Tue 25-Sep-07 14:36:12

Funny how things have changed. I put it down to one thing....central heating!

DH was highly amused when his mum (89) took him aside and told him he really ought to wear pyjamas as DD might see something that would traumatize her for ever.

Actually he has started covering up but thats because he's fed up with DD pointing and yelling 'willy' at him

MorocconOil Tue 25-Sep-07 14:36:30

Yes actually I have been swimming with my Mum and the DC, and we all got changed in the communal changing room. I kept my eyes well averted though.grin

toomanydaves Tue 25-Sep-07 14:36:48

we have sock basket too it is full of all kinds of other shite as well though.

Egypt Tue 25-Sep-07 14:40:13

lol EmsMum. dd still doesn't know the word 'willy' or even seem to realise there is one there. although today she was asking me how dd2 came out of my belly, and i told her through a hole in my bum - after a bit of questioning, i explained it wasn't the wee or poo hole but another one. she asked if she had one. i told her yes, all girls do, and she then insisted that so did boys. not a poo poo hole but a baby one too.

but still no mention of the willy!

Meeely2 Tue 25-Sep-07 14:40:55

i sit naked and dicipline my children if its in the night or early morning! so does DH. Recently though they boys have started to tell me to put some clothes on - they are 2.9!

Meeely2 Tue 25-Sep-07 14:41:54

my boys also point out every morning that i have lost my willy

mytwopenceworth Tue 25-Sep-07 14:42:52

My dad never did let us see him nekked but I did have a habit of waltzing into the bathroom to talk to my mum when she was in the bath.

She was remarkable patient with me. Now I'm a mum myself, I can guess what she was thinking!

I just started to respect her privacy when I hit my teens and stayed out of the bathroom!

Threadworm Tue 25-Sep-07 14:44:29

<Yay for custardo's sock basket. I've been thinking of instituting a similar system, but thought that it was tooo slutty. Will do it now. Pairing socks is cognitively stimulating task that will aid dcs development.>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now