Talk

Advanced search

Paypal, I'm so confused!

(9 Posts)
Chirpygirl Mon 17-Sep-07 12:22:33

I have a £15 balance in my paypal account and want to send £16 to someone, but it keeps saying that I will need to send a echeque out of my bank account.
I don't have enough money in my bank account! Why won't it send 15 from paypal and 1 from my bank, and how can i change from an echeque to instant payment?

thanks!

mumfor1standfinaltime Mon 17-Sep-07 12:29:37

This is because your bank account isn't verified. It is for security reasons.
You need to prove to paypal this is your account iyswim. Paypal will deposit tiny amount into your account (about 2p) and you then have to tell them how much money was deposited and when, this will verify the account is yours.
Look on the help pages of ebay forums, they will tell you in more detail.

Echeques take up to 3 weeks to clear sometimes so maybe better to send a cheque/postal order.
Email the seller to explain.

Chirpygirl Mon 17-Sep-07 12:40:25

My account is verified though, it has been for over a year!
I use paypal all the time but I've never tried to send more than the balance before, is that why?

Nip Mon 17-Sep-07 12:42:39

When i pay something and there isnt enough in the account, it will automatically deduct it from my back account.

Give paypal a call - their help line was really useful for me in the past

elesbells Mon 17-Sep-07 12:47:04

ive done it before too. as others have said it normally deducts paypal balance first, then from my bank account.

im confused by the echeque thing are you in the uk? and is where you're sending the money in the uk?

Chirpygirl Mon 17-Sep-07 12:55:22

Yeah, money is going uk to uk and it is literally 70p extra over my paypal balance I need, it's so frustrating!

elesbells Mon 17-Sep-07 12:57:16

their customer service is really good. i would call or e'mail them and explain.

bubblerock Mon 17-Sep-07 13:04:19

This just happened to me too on a verified account - I needed to pay 21.50 and I had 21.49 in my account, so now they have requested an echeque which will take forever (item is coming from china) and I am soooo peed off!!

mumfor1standfinaltime Mon 17-Sep-07 16:28:14

It could be that you need to update your card information on your records with paypal and ebay - I sent an echeque a few times because I hadn't updated my bank card information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now