Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of a website i can search old family records for free?

(6 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Sat 15-Sep-07 21:11:39

trying to start family tree but not too flush at moment and not sure what to expect on ones you have to pay on.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved x

Shoshable Sat 15-Sep-07 21:29:51

Get onto www.genesreunited.co.uk it is free to look and I think a tenner to join, but you have to buy credits to look at census returns and such

www.rootsweb.com is a free one.

when you can www.ancestory.co.uk which is about £70.00 a year does have just about everything you need, a once you have paid your subscription you can look at as many bmd and census returns as you like

it is worth putting your name into google as well and see if anybody else is researching your name.

Ive been doing it for about 6 years and it is addictive.

mmmmchocolate Sat 15-Sep-07 21:34:10

thank you, its just knowing were to start. x

Shoshable Sat 15-Sep-07 21:35:51

If you want any help, ( love the detective work of it all) email me on nanny475@hotmail.com grin

Shoshable Sat 15-Sep-07 21:38:08

When you can afford it get the BBC format of 'Who do you think you are' it is by far the best format to lay your tree out on, and you get a couple of weeks free Ancestry .co.uk to start you off. I got mine in PC world, but Katymac was looking at one on Amazon.

Shoshable Sat 15-Sep-07 21:39:52

www.amazon.co.uk/GSP-Think-Family-Maker-Version/dp/B000IWN49E/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5/202-5688102-9489435?ie =UTF8&s=software&qid=1189888722&sr=8-5 here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now