Talk

Advanced search

shared ownership housing associations and how they value their property

(7 Posts)
iamnotstressed Sun 09-Sep-07 19:47:35

We are thinking of having our shared ownership flat valued - we have had our local estate agents round and they have valued the flat at between 235 and 260 thousands. Is the housing association valuation likely to reflect the market or are they likely to giver a lower valuation?

iamnotstressed Mon 10-Sep-07 13:46:59

bump

shreddies Mon 10-Sep-07 13:49:29

I don't know, but I have a shared ownership flat and I've always understood that they are likely to value it at below the market valuation. That's based on another couple who sold theirs and entered into an almighty fight with the HA about it. They did win, but it was a hassle.

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Mon 10-Sep-07 13:54:21

Hi we are also thinking of selling our shared ownership house. If you decided to sell what would happen is you would have to get an independent surveyor in (at a cost of between £175 and £250 to you) they do a valuation report this is the figure the HA use. Hope that helps we are with hyde if you call your association they will send you details of what is needed.

iamnotstressed Mon 10-Sep-07 17:27:04

i don't want them ot value it under market value sad...

suzycreamcheese Mon 10-Sep-07 17:30:11

ours say they value it a market value, so imagine they will use market assessments like you have...as they will want the best result for there percentage too.. iyswim.

..contact them like others suggested...
good luck with it

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Mon 10-Sep-07 20:58:41

The independent Surveyor is just that independent so will value your flat fairly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now