Talk

Advanced search

SPIDERS[shock]

(17 Posts)
3mumof Fri 07-Sep-07 23:36:14

Has anyone noticed how big the spiders are at the mo? Everytime I use my downstairs loo I am greeted by one & they are BIG! On Sky News a man had a spider in his house 5" long!Its because of all this mild weather. I'm scared to go to the toilet....

meandmy Fri 07-Sep-07 23:37:56

get the hoover out! love watching them whizz round the dyson shock

multitasker Fri 07-Sep-07 23:40:22

So glad others have them grin I'm getting used to them now - we have been living in the country for 5 years now and I've only recently been able to go to bed and resist the temptation to hoover them up. Still hate the buggers though.......

Jackstini Fri 07-Sep-07 23:40:24

I have & it scares me sh*itless - I hate them. Know it is completely groundless but still scream the place down and can't walk past them

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 07-Sep-07 23:44:49

Arrgghhhh!

I was sitting on the end seat of the sofa and a massive one, about 2.5 inches across shot up the wall right beside me.

They are bloody AWFUL!

3mumof Fri 07-Sep-07 23:49:50

I dont want my kids to inherit my fear of the buggers but I cant handle these big ones I just freeze in fear & scream! My hoover in now on permanent standby!

WendyWeber Fri 07-Sep-07 23:55:32

This happens every September!

Read this (or don't - it won't make you feel any better...)

3mumof Sat 08-Sep-07 00:15:50

great article wendyweber! I just went upstairs to use the loo & picked my cardi up up take it upstairs & one of those brown hairy ones was inside it! It was about 3" big! I beat my cardi with hubbies steel toe cap boot! I had to pick what was left of it in tissue and flush it. I'm so brave.

KerryMum Sat 08-Sep-07 00:16:53

There is a MASSIVE web in my shed. I keep brushing it away but it is back again the next day shock

I can only IMAGINE how big the spider who's making it because I can't see him

pageturner Sat 08-Sep-07 00:29:10

September is famous for spiders. just wait for it to start raining, then the buggers all come indoors....

harleyd Sat 08-Sep-07 00:30:48

please leave them alone smile
they really wont do you any harm
l love spiders i do

pageturner Sat 08-Sep-07 00:37:08

Would you come to my house harley and remove them all for me? pretty please smile?

harleyd Sat 08-Sep-07 00:42:53

i will! just dont squash them before i get there smile

McEdam Sat 08-Sep-07 00:43:47

I got major brownie points from ds and dh last night for carefully catching and releasing a mahoosive spider that was hanging out above ds's bed.

Dh was panicking but trying not to let on and aiming a big boot at it. Ds was panicking that the spider would be hurt. And supercool mummy just collected a pint jug and a piece of card and managed to reach the top of the wall (7ft). Not that I'm smug or anything but being better at spider removal than a great big strapping man who is six inches taller than me was quite satisfying.

pageturner Sat 08-Sep-07 01:37:08

OK, harley, my address is no 793, Webberley Drive, Spidertown...

harleyd Sat 08-Sep-07 01:38:40

the spiders are your friends!

suedonim Sat 08-Sep-07 15:23:06

Omg, Charlie is my twin, he knows exactly how I feel about the 8-legged b*ggers! A Rentokil man I was talking to said their fortune would be made if they could find something to eliminate sp*ders from houses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now