Talk

Advanced search

Is this a new record for appalling customer service?

(4 Posts)
marthamoo Wed 05-Sep-07 14:28:48

On December 1st last year I ordered a General Grievous figure (it's a Star Wars thing) for ds2 for Christmas from Forbidden Planet. I got an email from them the same day to confirm my order and say that if there was a problem with the order they would contact me at "the earliest opportunity". Since then...nada, zilch, nothing. I emailed them after about 3 weeks to say I wanted to cancel the order and, thankfully, I managed to get the figure elsewhere and it arrived with a day to spare (it was the top item on ds2's Christmas list - he would have been devastated if Santa hadn't come up with the goods).

Incerdibly, I have just received an email from them - to say there is a "problem with the order" and my credit card details have expired. Well, no sh*t, Sherlock - it's nine months ago! I have sent them a rather scathing email and told them that, no, I won't be sending my new card details...or ordering anything from them ever again for that matter.

Unbelievable!

AnguaVonUberwald Wed 05-Sep-07 14:41:59

Shocking - can't belive they had the cheek to send the email. Its a good thing your credit card details have expired, or you might have simply had the toy delivered!

bagpuss Wed 05-Sep-07 14:43:42

shock

Makes Tesco direct look quite reasonable....

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 06-Sep-07 09:44:26

Reminds me of a couple of years ago, had ordered some oils and bits from a health site and after a month gave up hope they were coming and cancelled the order.

16 months later a box arrived in the post with said order in it. I rang the company to ask what the hell they were playing at and they said all the items had come back into stock so the order was despatched!! Needless to say I returned it and had to wait for a refund.

I only order from major websites now who I know and trust which is a shame as newer smaller retailers can miss out that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now