Talk

Advanced search

Car Seat Help!

(4 Posts)
marram Tue 04-Sep-07 20:41:54

Hello, we are off on the 'plane to take our DD to see the gramps at the weekend. First big trip, yikes. We have borrowed a Graco Universal rearward facing car seat from a pal. Does anyone know whether it will fit a Ford Fiesta (2005) or a 1998 Saab 9-3? I understand that it is the car seat that comes with a Graco travel system and it says Universal E11 underneath it. I think my pal's travel system is about 3 years old.

Ta muchly!

NannyL Tue 04-Sep-07 21:15:20

it will probably fit.

My friend had one 4 years ago (when it was less commen for all but brand new cars to have air bags)

Quite often it had to go in the front (with the front seat back as far as possible) for the seat belt to be long enough. (had to be in the front seat of my car)

We got a maxi cosi cabrio strapped into the back of a ford fiesta (Y reg) and the belt was just long enough

Volvos are renouned for short belts which make strapping rear facing baby seats in difficult.

marram Wed 05-Sep-07 09:07:02

Thanks very much NannyL. We had to get rid of our old car because no rear facing seats would fit, hence the nervousness! hmm

bozza Wed 05-Sep-07 09:10:47

Beware though re airbags if it has to go in the front. I have a 2003 fiesta which has a passenger airbag that can't be turned off so I can't put rearward facing seats in. But I could fit a Graco baby seat (but was an old model - 2000) in the back with no problem. So I think you should be OK on that score. Don't know about the saab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now