Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else driven mad by the sound of their school-starter's voice right now?

(16 Posts)
Bouquetsofdynomite Sun 02-Sep-07 09:39:51

My dd starts school this month and has had verbal diarrhoea all summer. After a week in a tent spent analysing the two versions of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory over and over again, we were contemplating leaving her at a Little Chef.
Anyone else's child desperately ready for school?

Slouchy Sun 02-Sep-07 09:43:02

OMG, YES. I feel ba dfor wishing awau the last few days of pre-schooler but can;'t wait for her to be tireder and have more of her creative energies utilised in a more constructive way (polite way for saying will create less mess for me to clear up)!

Bouquetsofdynomite Sun 02-Sep-07 09:47:50

I've started flinching when I hear her say 'Erm, Mummy...' sad I simply cannot stand the sound of her voice!

Dior Sun 02-Sep-07 09:51:45

Message withdrawn

watling Sun 02-Sep-07 09:53:45

Message withdrawn

MyTwopenceworth Sun 02-Sep-07 11:24:13

I thought this was a funny thread and laughed and tried to read it to my husband.

Note the use of the word 'tried'

Because he couldn't hear me over the yelling of our 2 children.

On Wednesday, I intend to snog their teachers.

MyTwopenceworth Sun 02-Sep-07 11:25:43

Oh, and mine aren't school starters btw, so I already know the bliss that is the School Term.

<wistful sigh>

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dior Sun 02-Sep-07 13:05:54

Message withdrawn

flightattendant Sun 02-Sep-07 13:12:40

God, everything about him drives me insane at the moment!!!

smile

FlameBatfink Sun 02-Sep-07 13:13:06

She repeats everything 4 times if you don't answer within a second of her asking.... she talks non-stop. We have been searching for an off switch/mute button but I think we might have gotten a faulty one - she didn't come with instructions and is well past the 28 day return time!

TinyGang Sun 02-Sep-07 13:15:16

Lol M2PW at snogging the teachers grin.

Those threads about being devastated that school is starting make me feel a bit guilty. I love all mine to bits and we have had a nice holiday, but, but....

This time last year dt's started school. I was jibbering with relief. I just couldn't manage all the questionsx2 every 2 seconds about so many random subjects.

'Did God make that?' 'Why?' 'Did we just wake up? Is it breakfast time or tea time? Why do we call it lunch?' 'If Daddy is younger than you why is he bigger than you? Older people are bigger, aren't they? Mummy. Aren't they? Mummy....'

slayerette Sun 02-Sep-07 13:18:26

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

'Mummy, what does the middle of the earth look like? Well, how did the boiling hot molten rock stuff get there? Who put it there?'

I did a degree in English! I know nothing about the big bang theory! Ask me about Shakespeare ffs!

TinyGang Sun 02-Sep-07 13:22:20

We've covered Theology, Physics, Chemistry and Anthropolgy within half an hour of waking up some mornings.

haychee Sun 02-Sep-07 13:24:08

God yes, my dd2 has 3 more sleeps before starting school and her voice is soo annoying! Screechy whingey irritating but lovable and cute.

FlameBatfink Sun 02-Sep-07 13:30:31

Yours are all much more advanced than mine... "Why isn't there a film with spiderman AND wolverine in it?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now