Talk

Advanced search

My DB has a virus on his laptop..

(10 Posts)
sparklygothkat Fri 31-Aug-07 14:59:22

and we can't get rid of it. We have run adaware and norton, but its still highjacking the internet. We can't find it to delete it. Any ideas??

winestein Fri 31-Aug-07 15:02:25

I had this problem and found an internet forum who helped me. I think it was Bullguard.com

What I had to do was switch off memory restore and then run all the anti-virus software and let it do it's stuff. Reboot the computer and switch memory restore back on.

What happens if you don't is that the computer keeps dragging the virus back out of where ever it is as it was it's last memory point (or something!)

ScoobyDooooo Fri 31-Aug-07 15:04:55

Maybe do a system restore & put the computer back to a date before this virus appeared?

ScoobyDooooo Fri 31-Aug-07 15:05:49

or try using other free virus checker things from download.com as some only pic up certain things & others can pick up more IYKWIM?

winestein Fri 31-Aug-07 15:06:03

System Restore! That's it!

switch System Restore off!

sparklygothkat Fri 31-Aug-07 15:08:37

we are currently in safemode running adaware and norton again, so far have found 5 critical objects. Will try the system restore in a bit

sparklygothkat Fri 31-Aug-07 15:39:19

its still highjacking the internet. Its driving us angry

winestein Fri 31-Aug-07 15:48:04

Have you switched system restore off and run Norton etc?

If so try bullguard.com. They advised of all the files I needed to delete. They were absolutely brilliant for me.

bdtm78 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:45:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

bdtm78 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:49:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now