Talk

Advanced search

Any Irish mumsnetters (or those of you with Irish relatives) - could you please read my thread in chat (link below) and maybe help my DS1?

(11 Posts)
Dinosaur Tue 28-Aug-07 21:29:34

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1375/378644

One of the things that was taken was DS1's collection of old Irish coins. He is in Ireland at the moment staying with my parents but will be home on Thursday and will be very sad about this. He had a couple of genuinely old ones (one 19th century and another dating back to WWI) and several pre-decimalisation ones as well as some pre-Euro ones).

Please please lovely mumsnetters, if anyone has any old Irish coins (pre-Euro, or even better pre-decimalisation grin) would you consider selling them to me? Just a few would really cheer up a sad DS1, and I would really appreciate it. Obviously I am prepared to pay you whatever you think appropriate for them.

Yours in hope,

Dino

Mhamai Tue 28-Aug-07 21:46:17

Oh Dino, of course I will! I have a lot of the a good bit of the just pre euro stuff but I know my dad has some really old stuff. I won't here of money! no pun intended! grin Do you still have my e mail addy? I changed e mail provider so lost a lot of old addy's. E mail me postal addy or work addy, whichever suits and I'll gladly post on what I can find. Being a lone parent I do get nervous about being burgled but after the year I've had I'd pity the poor fucker breaking into mine! grin

Dinosaur Tue 28-Aug-07 21:48:00

Mhamai that's wonderful! I am not at work this week and don't think I've got access to your email address at home, and as you say you might have changed it since I emailed you anyway. Shall I CAT you, is that the best thing?

Mhamai Tue 28-Aug-07 21:49:02

If you don't mind? I haven't renewed my cat reg yet.

Dinosaur Tue 28-Aug-07 21:50:08

I will do that - I will CAT you tomorrow morning as I doubt that anyone at mumsnet towers will be monitoring the CAT messages at the moment.

Really appreciate that smile.

Mhamai Tue 28-Aug-07 21:52:33

No problem. x

quickdrawmcgraw Tue 28-Aug-07 21:52:38

I can give you a load of old coppers if you're interested. I've no old notes and no pre-decimalisation money but I can give you a handfull of 2ps and pennies.

Dinosaur Tue 28-Aug-07 21:56:48

quickdraw - I will CAT you as well, if that's okay? Just a couple of each would be appreciated!

Mhamai Tue 28-Aug-07 21:57:40

Hi Qickdraw, had a peek at your profile, I'm in Dublin too! <waves>

quickdrawmcgraw Wed 29-Aug-07 22:00:47

<<waves back heartily at Mhamaí>> grin

Dino you could email your details to me at
quickdrawmacgraw at hotmail dot com

Dinosaur Wed 29-Aug-07 22:18:04

Mhamai, have CAT'ed you.

Quickdraw, I will email you!

thanks again, both!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: