Talk

Advanced search

<sob> It is 3.44am, and I am awake through trying to claw off my eczema hands

(11 Posts)
FlameBatfink Tue 28-Aug-07 03:47:53

Now sat here smothered in cream with finger bandages on the offending fingers.

It feels like something has set it off tonight, my face is all itchy too, so I have just taken antihistamine.

Running through the list of foods, the only thing I can think of that is new to me lately (eczema much worse lately) is marmite and ryvita... had a yeast and malt allergy when I hit puberty, starting to wonder if that is resurfacing

Just randomly talking to myself as you are all in bed asleep...

colinandcaitlinsmommy Tue 28-Aug-07 03:50:29

I'm not asleep. I have no advice, just sympathy, letting you know someone was thinking of you.

FlameBatfink Tue 28-Aug-07 03:56:04

Thanks

Been up the last few nights with DS (who is currently in our bed hmm) and could have done without this.

Why are you up at stupid o clock? Are you abroad? (Well, abroad for me... not for you, at home for you wink)

colinandcaitlinsmommy Tue 28-Aug-07 04:07:38

I'm in Oregon. I have no idea what marmite or ryvita is. (although I've got enough figured out on the marmite to presume I wouldn't like it.) I'm with you on the I don't need this thing. DD turned 2 today, and she still wakes up every night, and last night I was up all night coughing.

Don't know about eczema, but I've found I can take pain much better than itching.

FlameBatfink Tue 28-Aug-07 04:18:22

Eek @ still waking every night, I am lucky in as such that he only does it every now and then.

Happy birthday to your DD grin

You're right with the pain/itching. Pain you can leave alone, itching you just want to go back to and scratch!!!

I think the antihistamine is starting to kick in and I should be able to sleep again soon.

DH has this week off work, so hopefully I can sleep in a bit tomorrow.

colinandcaitlinsmommy Tue 28-Aug-07 04:20:26

Good, it should help you stop itching and sleep, too. Glad that DH is home, I've found that even sleeping in an extra hour or 2 after being up all night really helps.

Hopefully good night for your sake.

mamama Tue 28-Aug-07 04:23:27

Ouch, you have my sympathy. I didn't know yeast allergies could cause eczema. Poor you. I get it on my fingers from time to time and it just makes me want to chop them off. Hope the antihistamine helps.

FlameBatfink Tue 28-Aug-07 04:27:31

It seems to be that eczema is the way that allergies show themselves in me (if that makes any sense??)

Just heard a thud and a squeak from upstairs hmm - think I will go pick up my son from the floor!!!

mamama Tue 28-Aug-07 04:41:29

lol flame. Hope he's ok!

vonsudenfed Tue 28-Aug-07 04:44:35

I'm up because we're moving house tomorrow and I can't sleep for thinking.

But have you thought about thrush as a part cause of eczema (hence the yeast thing)? It was suggested to me that Canestan might help, and if I use it with steroid cream, it does sometimes help.

But I know how miserable it is - for whole years of my life I would be waking up twice a night to reapply the Eurax and then waiting for it to kick in...

FlameBatfink Tue 28-Aug-07 12:04:00

Hope the move goes ok

Thank you for talkinig to me last night. Eczema is a lot better today. I've got some canesten here that I will try on it a bit later.

DS has a bit of an egg on his head from the fall blush - he has his first nursery induction today too!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now