Talk

Advanced search

DS awake for the third night in a row... smells of sick... can't find any!

(7 Posts)
FlameBatfink Mon 27-Aug-07 22:48:59

hmm

Sat & Sun he missed out his daytime sleeps (normally has one or two a day, about 2 1/2 hours in total).

Sat/Sun night he woke up after nap length of time ready to run round maniacally until 2.30am angry

Today, he has been exhausted - a full nap, and a shorter one later.

Went to bed happily, woke about 10 mins ago screaming like he was in pain. He smells sicky, but I can't feel any in the cot (can't turn on light without waking DD so trying to avoid it).

He's snuggled into me, won't go near DH, a bit warm, smelling weird.... I dunno if he is into routine of waking at stupid times or if tonight he is ill.

Sooooooooooo.... do I give him a bottle to go back to bed with or not??? (Thinking the sick smell + milk could = urgh, but milk + bed = settled boy)

foxinsocks Mon 27-Aug-07 22:50:41

he could be bringing up sick into his throat/mouth (ewwww)

I reckon milk is asking for trouble

could you give him warm water? it would, at least, smell better if/when it comes back up

FlameBatfink Mon 27-Aug-07 22:52:08

I thought you'd say that (DH was all for the milk and a quiet life.... until it comes up!)

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 27-Aug-07 22:55:01

Oh the joy of feeling around a cot for sick hmm. Hate it when you do find some!

Yes, reckon water sounds like a good idea.

So does a torch wink.

FlameBatfink Mon 27-Aug-07 22:58:21

You got a spare one in your cavern of random extra needed things? wink

MrsWeasley Mon 27-Aug-07 23:03:37

perhaps raise the end of his cot a bit so that the milk is staying in tummy with the help of gravity.

FlameBatfink Mon 27-Aug-07 23:17:18

He's a wriggler and would just end up upside down wink

Have put him back up - he is not impressed... Starting to think he was just enjoying cuddles hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now