Talk

Advanced search

soft food ideas for anniversary meal (take away)

(17 Posts)
LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 23-Aug-07 11:02:10

peter i will have been married 8years on monday. he is currently not able to swallow properly and still tube fed over night.

usually when he is in hospital we get a take away.

colettemum3 Thu 23-Aug-07 11:11:56

Is he allowed to have spices?? Thinking curry and borrow a blender of someone. Or explain to the take-away ppl and see if they got any sugestions. Talk to his salt.
See if there is a local pub and look at their menu for idea's. Just get a lot of menu's and see what the mushiest or easiest to blend.

Blu Thu 23-Aug-07 11:16:50

Ooooh, I wish I was available and could come and cook for you. Well, and cook, for that matter. If I could i would provide:
Nice soup
A tasty souffle with creamed spinach or pea puree
Choc mousse or trifle or Titramisu

Have a look in M&S - they have lots of little post of things like salmon mousse, pot au chocolat, could he eat a really soft risotto?

Most Takeaway food i can think of is a bit chewy or crispy - unless he can manage rice dishes?

Blu Thu 23-Aug-07 11:17:27

I mean I wish I could cook, full stop!

LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 23-Aug-07 11:20:02

no microwave there. doesnt heat evenly so not allowed.

needs to be takeaway really.

and he is a right fussy man regarding food lol.

Aitch Thu 23-Aug-07 11:25:06

can M&S not come to your rescue with dessert? you might just have to get some noodlesy or ricey chinese or japanese food and really mash the chicken or whatever a bit.
it's going to be the best anniversary you've ever had, whatever you eat.

Blu Thu 23-Aug-07 13:09:09

Hmmm. Makes sense - the microwave rule. But i wouldn't have thought a takeaway was less of a risk.
Does it have to be hot?
What about a cake with lots of hearts on it and some smoked salmon sandwiches, v soft bread, salmon mashed - cut in the shape of hearts?
Or a really lovely home-made smoothie with heart-decorated straws? And some other treats which are not food based? Something which he can enjoy without it having to be compromised because of his convalescence?

Aitch Thu 23-Aug-07 13:11:32

brilliant ideas, blu.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 23-Aug-07 13:14:36

ah thanks for the ideas. he has decided he would just liek a really nice chocolate trifle type dessert. he really isnt up to eating much anyway, just a few spoon fulls, as his throat is really sore still. he has a rather sexy husky voive at the moment.

RGPargy Thu 23-Aug-07 13:16:24

So he'll eat two spoons of trifle - then what will you do with the rest LVOC??

paulaplumpbottom Thu 23-Aug-07 13:16:29

Is there a nice Italian restraunt that can do a take out pasta?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 23-Aug-07 13:17:49

not saying RGPardy, there might be young children reading over shoulders

nailpolish Thu 23-Aug-07 13:18:24

vodka jelly

paulaplumpbottom Thu 23-Aug-07 13:18:29

Have you been able to see him yet?

Blu Thu 23-Aug-07 13:19:46

Sounds ideal, all round!

LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 23-Aug-07 13:21:28

not yet. dd1 has fallen ill. just me to go am hoping i dont catch it.

paulaplumpbottom Thu 23-Aug-07 13:24:29

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the bugs stay away from you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now