Talk

Advanced search

A KickAss Journey into Yummy Mummy Land

(9 Posts)
kickassangel Wed 22-Aug-07 09:58:36

I signed dd up for a dance/fun club thing for a week in the holidays, thinking it would be fun & maybe help her with concetration & co-ordination. I knew it would be a little 'girly' but I wasn't quite prepared for what I would encounter.

Monday - before arriving, I could spot people walking down the High Street - girls in pink velour tracksuits, skipping along, with pink ballet bags. Thank goodness dd had insisted on having 'princess hair' - a pink ribbon in the back - or she would have been very upset!

On arrival - I have never seen so much PINK in all my life. They were all getting their hair done before going in & putting on pink ballet slippers. I went home for a lie down.

Tuesday - DD was wearing, as instructed, scruffy clothes (they also do painting & sticking things). One pair of sisters was wearing co-ordinated Boden outfits, each outfit costing a minimum of £50, PLUS the ubiquitous pink ballet slippers. I had, of course, upped my game & put DD in bunches with white ribbons.

I went to the gym to run off my angst, and when I picked up dd discovered a load of glitter glue in her hair!

Wednesday - about to leave & take her, but I have secured her hair in a French plait & grips to avoid having to cut any more glitter glue out. I have found her a pink top & jeans with pink flowers on. Her facourite colours are now pink, purple & white. I have capitulated. She is wearing a lot of pink & has a ribbon in her hair. Her lunch box is purple with a pink drinking bottle (but no ballerinas on the side).

I also lack the obligatory expensive push chair (not always with a younger sibling - you can't expect a pink princess to walk back to the car!)

purplemonkeydishwasher Wed 22-Aug-07 10:07:04

yikes.
makes me glad i have a boy!!

kickassangel Wed 22-Aug-07 10:10:32

it is truly amazing - i am gobsmacked at how much some of them must spend! and yes, they drive into town & park their volvos when they could easily walk (one of them was thinking about walking because parking is so hard) we live miles out of town so have to drive & would love an extra space in the car park!

nailpolish Wed 22-Aug-07 10:12:27

OMG
i came across something similar at a holiday thingy but not to this extent
i bow down to your french plait and ribbons

kickassangel Wed 22-Aug-07 10:18:00

i have a plan for hair styles. tomorrow will be two french plaits - one each side, with ribbons. then on friday her ahir will be 'frizzy' JUSt like goldilocks in time for the 'show' they put on! pink ribbons for friday, with frizzy bunches.

thankfully the woman who runs this is very down to earth & takes no diva crap off the girls.

kickassangel Wed 22-Aug-07 10:18:44

must go now or we will be late & not get a prking space!

nailpolish Wed 22-Aug-07 10:19:52

I HAVE A thing about bunches
they should be high and bouncy and jolly and in ribbons
dd has different ideas - she likes them low and in plaits

kickassangel Wed 22-Aug-07 16:51:39

back from today's experience.

whilst waiting for children to come out, looked at the rows of lunch boxes. 2 were blue and i thought 'thank goodness' then i discovered that there are 2 boys in the group. dd is the ONLY girl without a pink lunch box (hers is dark purple). and

kickassangel Wed 22-Aug-07 17:01:44

nailpolish - i agree about bunches. dd's will be all of the above, with pink fluffy ribbony thingies as well! HA. My dd WILL be top princess!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: