Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for something to give a friend who's having a really tough time

(11 Posts)
Pennies Tue 21-Aug-07 17:25:01

My poor friend is having a bad time at the moment and I want to send her something that will let her know I care. I was thinking along the pampering lines and wondered if there are any websites that do gift deliveries of luxury cosmetics / smellies.

Peachy Tue 21-Aug-07 17:26:58

neals yard are fabulous for this sort of thing, as are Lush but not quite 6so^ fab iykwim

It doesn't ahve to be big- someone on here sent me a small parcel when i was low and it made a huge difference. When my friend was really low I sent something small (bag of fun sweets etc) every day and that seemed to helpa s well- gave her something to look forwards to

You sound like a great friend, well done

Piffle Tue 21-Aug-07 17:27:04

jo malone is pricey but honestly the smells are amazing,

a really good one is the lime basil and mandarin soap

you can get things off ebay and make your own basket to save some £

NAB3 Tue 21-Aug-07 17:28:21

It's not pampering but what about this. The website is cocoaloco.co.uk and costs £11.99 for 6 brownies. They are organic and come beautifully wrapped with a sweet presonalised card. Also sell cookies and truffles.
I tore the details out of a magazine and havne't ordered any yet but intend too.

flumpybumpy Tue 21-Aug-07 17:31:00

You could get togther with her family and other frinds and all buy her a £10 vouvher for a spa day. When all added up she would have enough for a lovely day of pampering and she would know you all cared!!

Mercy Tue 21-Aug-07 17:35:11

Was about to make exactly the same recommendation as Piffle!

Dh's rich aunt once gave me some of that soap & other bits - divine!

Pennies Wed 22-Aug-07 12:18:30

Well I went and bought a load of Molton Brown bath stuff but then it occurred to me just now that pampering may not be such a great idea because the thing is that she's having a miscarriage and I don't want her to think that by sending her a load of bath smellies would be like she was washing it all away and I'm not sure if that's an appropriate thing IYSWIM.

Should I send her something else instead?

peanutbear Wed 22-Aug-07 12:20:10

No it will show you care about her I dont think anyone would read that into the gift

littlelapin Wed 22-Aug-07 12:21:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

meowmix Wed 22-Aug-07 12:28:54

I would have felt very looked after if someone had sent me something like that when I had my mcs.

legalalien Wed 22-Aug-07 12:36:27

I wouldn't read anything into the bath products either - but if you're concerned, maybe a nice scented candle instead?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: