Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for something to give a friend who's having a really tough time

(11 Posts)
Pennies Tue 21-Aug-07 17:25:01

My poor friend is having a bad time at the moment and I want to send her something that will let her know I care. I was thinking along the pampering lines and wondered if there are any websites that do gift deliveries of luxury cosmetics / smellies.

Peachy Tue 21-Aug-07 17:26:58

neals yard are fabulous for this sort of thing, as are Lush but not quite 6so^ fab iykwim

It doesn't ahve to be big- someone on here sent me a small parcel when i was low and it made a huge difference. When my friend was really low I sent something small (bag of fun sweets etc) every day and that seemed to helpa s well- gave her something to look forwards to

You sound like a great friend, well done

Piffle Tue 21-Aug-07 17:27:04

jo malone is pricey but honestly the smells are amazing,

a really good one is the lime basil and mandarin soap

you can get things off ebay and make your own basket to save some £

NAB3 Tue 21-Aug-07 17:28:21

It's not pampering but what about this. The website is cocoaloco.co.uk and costs £11.99 for 6 brownies. They are organic and come beautifully wrapped with a sweet presonalised card. Also sell cookies and truffles.
I tore the details out of a magazine and havne't ordered any yet but intend too.

flumpybumpy Tue 21-Aug-07 17:31:00

You could get togther with her family and other frinds and all buy her a £10 vouvher for a spa day. When all added up she would have enough for a lovely day of pampering and she would know you all cared!!

Mercy Tue 21-Aug-07 17:35:11

Was about to make exactly the same recommendation as Piffle!

Dh's rich aunt once gave me some of that soap & other bits - divine!

Pennies Wed 22-Aug-07 12:18:30

Well I went and bought a load of Molton Brown bath stuff but then it occurred to me just now that pampering may not be such a great idea because the thing is that she's having a miscarriage and I don't want her to think that by sending her a load of bath smellies would be like she was washing it all away and I'm not sure if that's an appropriate thing IYSWIM.

Should I send her something else instead?

peanutbear Wed 22-Aug-07 12:20:10

No it will show you care about her I dont think anyone would read that into the gift

littlelapin Wed 22-Aug-07 12:21:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

meowmix Wed 22-Aug-07 12:28:54

I would have felt very looked after if someone had sent me something like that when I had my mcs.

legalalien Wed 22-Aug-07 12:36:27

I wouldn't read anything into the bath products either - but if you're concerned, maybe a nice scented candle instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now