Talk

Advanced search

RUBY Slippers >>>>>>>>>>>>>

(13 Posts)
KerryMumbledore Mon 20-Aug-07 15:54:05

Hi Ruby - Sorry for the urgency but I have heard back from a local shop who does a lot of sponsorships. They want to know what kind of money I'm looking for. Am struggling to come up with exact airfare costs, etc. Is an approximate amount okay to provide?

Also, xdh has gotten sponsorship for ds1 but I've received no money yet. Do I tell the local shop that I have tentative other sponsorship as well?

Not sure about etiquette.

Thanks Ruby. Hoping to get back to them today.

GibbonInARibbon Mon 20-Aug-07 15:56:01

Hi KM

You may not hear from RS today
here

KerryMumbledore Mon 20-Aug-07 15:57:03

Oh My!

Hope she's okay!

Thanks Gibbon!

GibbonInARibbon Mon 20-Aug-07 15:58:49

RubySlippers Mon 20-Aug-07 16:01:01

no - i am just about to leave to get DS and then off to the hospital

providing approximate costs is fine - do a quick google search to find a rough amount so you aren't way off but don't worry about exact prices
think about everything you will need and require sponsorship for
whoever provides the most should get their company name screen printed on a T-shirt that your DS will wear during the competition

don't need to tell them you have sponsorship unless you have the money in your hand

of course, tell all yoru donors that you will publicise their generosity

did you try Allied irish bank

KerryMumbledore Mon 20-Aug-07 16:04:10

Ruby - Are you okay? Sounds dreadful. Hope it's nothing serious!

Haven't gotten to them yet but will hopefully today as I'm an account holder of long-standing.

IYE - If the money is too much will they just flat out say No or will they say, well we'll give you this much (say half)?

KerryMumbledore Mon 20-Aug-07 16:08:54

Yes, other sponsorship money is not in hand. And won't be enough to cover costs of Worlds.

Looks like Europeans is scrapped because I checked dates with xdh (who watches ds2 while away) and he says, "Oh, NO, I'm NOT available. I've got a flight and a conference on the 22nd and everything's BOOKED and paid for (not by him)).

I could THROTTLE him! I must have told him 10,000 times the dates for Europeans. At one point I said we probably couldn't do both them and Worlds due to money and so he went ahead and committed to something else without checking with me first. URGH!

RubySlippers Mon 20-Aug-07 17:31:32

waiting for a call back from NHS Direct at the mo - hopefully i am ok and worrying over nothing

with the sponsorship (and IME) they may well give you some of what you ask for - if they want to help it is very unlikely they will reject the application because you are asking for too much

a recent successfull application i did awarded me half of what i asked for

break down what you are asking for into tangible chunks so a funder can pay for flights/hotels accomodation/other costs

KerryMumbledore Mon 20-Aug-07 18:45:53

Ruby - have you heard anything yet from NHS?

KerryMumbledore Tue 21-Aug-07 13:19:50

Ruby - How are you?

RubySlippers Tue 21-Aug-07 13:30:10

thanks for asking
been at A & E all morning
have industrial strength painkillers and a scan booked for next week
had a scan of my thigh and it was clear, but they still need to scan my calf

KerryMumbledore Tue 21-Aug-07 13:47:31

They couldn't do both at the same time?

Is the thigh where it was hurting? Are you comfortable with waiting till next week for the other scan?

Sent off email to local potential sponsor this morning so am hopeful.

I am gagging at the costs though. Chess isn't a sport for poor people, that's for sure! At least not at competitive level.

RubySlippers Tue 21-Aug-07 14:47:48

the person who scans lower legs is on hols until next week - if things get worse i have to go to A & E again

let me know how you get on with the sponsorship ... fingers crossed for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now