Talk

Advanced search

On behalf of DH, suggestions on pubs or rugby clubs on the way home from Wembley...

(10 Posts)
PeachesMcLean Sun 19-Aug-07 16:55:44

DH and 40 of his closest friends are off to Wembley for the rugby next Saturday. Obviously they'd like to go for a few drinks afterwards but the coach needs to be out of the car park within one hour of the end of the game.

So can anyone suggest somewhere along the M4 on their way back to Wales? They'll get there about 6pm and leave about 9pm, but there needs to be somewhere to park the coach. Perhaps a local friendly rugby club or pub on the way? The behaviour's not too bad (honest) - mostly middle aged men and women.

DH is in touch with a few of the rugby clubs in that neck of the woods but is worried he's not going to get anywhere with his quest. So one of the less typical requests on MN I'm sure, but it makes a change from chicken stock and things to do in Dorset.

jofeb04 Sun 19-Aug-07 20:52:01

Hiya,

Have a look at rugby clubs such as Reading, Oxford, or anywhere really along the M4.

I've stopped at many small clubs(very drunk at that point, either crying as Wales had won, or crying as Wales had lost ), and normally as long as you let them know, they are ok about it.

PeachesMcLean Sun 19-Aug-07 21:06:00

Hi Jofeb, I think it's going to have to be another rugby club isn't it. Who else would put up with 40 screaming welshmen turning up en masse?

littlelapin Sun 19-Aug-07 21:12:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeachesMcLean Sun 19-Aug-07 21:59:08

It is league indeed, lapin. DH will watch anything. Apparently it's the Challenge Cup final - St Helens v Catalan.

It's also two days after we move house.

littlelapin Sun 19-Aug-07 22:05:42

PeachesMcLean Sun 19-Aug-07 22:09:39

Good lord no! Would rather stay home with the boxes

littlelapin Sun 19-Aug-07 22:26:51

PeachesMcLean Sun 19-Aug-07 22:30:28

Weirdo.

littlelapin Sun 19-Aug-07 22:36:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now