Talk

Advanced search

Hair removal? Cream vs shaving?Ingrowing hair [ouch face]

(13 Posts)
Katymac Sat 18-Aug-07 18:35:31

OK off on holiday - about to sort out my legs
I CANNOT WAX THEM (just so no-one suggests it)

So which is better in the least ingrowing hair scheme of things

PS no idea if this should have been in 'Style' or 'Health'.....sorry

Katymac Sat 18-Aug-07 19:03:23

Small bump - to hopefully prevent lots of little bumps

Katymac Sat 18-Aug-07 19:56:30

Noone cares I am going to be a hairy Oik for my whole holiday

Katymac Sat 18-Aug-07 20:07:19

Oh Bugger - I am just going to have to grit my teeth & guess aren't I?

Wanders off singing "no-body loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll go & eat worms......"

alycat Sat 18-Aug-07 20:20:42

I didn't reply at first as I read the [ouch face]as though the ingrown hairs were on your face

Can't help you as I wax mine, but suffer badly from ingrowns despite exfoliating and moisturising.

I's say cream is better? But who am I to know...

Katymac Sat 18-Aug-07 20:22:36

Thanks for answering Alycat.....I did wonder if I was being ignored (now I understand I picked a very 'bad' thread title)

PestoMonster Sat 18-Aug-07 20:23:40

Well, I shave mine and it's no hastle at all and of course, nice & cheap!

Katymac Sat 18-Aug-07 20:26:40

Thanks Pesto

I suffer very badly with ingrowing hair & I am postponing it as much as possible

I will have to pick very soon

elasticbandstand Sat 18-Aug-07 20:28:57

i read with itnerst because of the ouch face remark!
but i shave my legs, loverly and smooth

HorseyWoman Sat 18-Aug-07 23:02:02

Cream is best. I use veet in the pink tube. Smells lovely. It stays on in shower until you sponge it off. My legs are smooth for a week after, and lovely and shiny!

collision Sat 18-Aug-07 23:06:31

Another vote for Veet Shower!!

It is fab and as I am rather hairy I was really pleased with the results!

maya13 Thu 25-Jun-09 13:28:56

I would have to say that Revitol hair removal cream is better then Veet or other creams. I had the ingrown hair problem not on my legs but on my bikini area, no matter if I waxed, tweezed or use a hair removal cream.

But I have discovered Revitol few months ago and since I use it I don't have ingrown hairs anymore. What is very good about this product is the fact that it contains natural ingredients that moisturizes the skin and prevents irritation, unlike other creams that have too strong chemicals.

And the natural ingredients that this hair removal cream has are also hair inhibitors, meaning that after 6 months or so, the hair will not be as thick and dense. I have been using it for couple of months and i have to say there is less hair then before.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Jun-09 22:31:29

and this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now