Talk

Advanced search

My relationship

(5 Posts)
shbxl Fri 11-Oct-19 02:28:13

I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years now, he used to be obsessed with me for the first year, now he's quietened down like he's used to me, which I know can happen, we have been through an awful lot (deceit, emotional abuse, arguing, breaking up) but that was a year ago and things have changed so due to this I think this is why The "honeymoon period" has completely gone and I'm wondering how to get that back? How can I make him feel like he felt the first time? I feel really sad about this sad

Unluckyinlove2019 Fri 11-Oct-19 02:49:09

Started off reading this thread feeling slightly envious... but the further I got the more glad I felt being single grin

Sorry OP.... you're with a knob thanks

Aquamarine1029 Fri 11-Oct-19 03:18:56

The honeymoon phase doesn't last for anyone because it's not supposed to, op. What should develop is a profound sense of trust and security. A deep love and respect that will see you through a lifetime. Stop comparing your relationship to some stupid rom com that makes a mockery out of real relationships. That being said, abuse has no place in a loving partnership. If that is still a factor, you should end it.

SprinkleDash Fri 11-Oct-19 09:51:36

I’d bet good money that this relationship won’t last.

Being ‘obsessed’ with you for the first year is actually a pretty common red flag for later abuse (Google Love Bombing) the fact that ‘deceit, emotional abuse, arguing, breaking up’ followed is further proof that you’re in a toxic relationship and need to end it.

MummyLD Sun 13-Oct-19 22:07:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »