Talk

Advanced search

What's wrong with being tee total?

(8 Posts)
CookieDough2017 Thu 10-Oct-19 22:36:16

I went off alcohol shortly after having my DD two years ago. I went out on a work night out tonight. No one would take no for an answer when I said I don't drink. "Don't be boring here get this glass of Prosecco down you! " To save myself losing my temper and telling them to fuck off I just drank the Prosecco. I only had quarter of a glass it was vile!

I haven't got a problem with people drinking so why do people have a problem with me not drinking?

forkfun Thu 10-Oct-19 22:38:37

It's annoying. Just keep saying no thank you and stick to what you want to drink. Or say you are on antibiotics and can't drink.

Lagatha Thu 10-Oct-19 22:39:28

Get used to it OP, I don't drink because it's a migraine trigger. It seems to really bother some people. I can only assume some feel I'm judging them. I'm really not. I don't mind other people drinking at all.
It gets easier as your friends will stop asking eventually.

Aquamarine1029 Thu 10-Oct-19 22:40:26

Op, never let anyone bully you into doing anything you don't want to do. You're a grown woman so assert yourself like one.

"I don't want a drink, please don't ask me again." After that, tell them to stop being such a prick and please fuck off.

Girliefriendlikescake Thu 10-Oct-19 23:02:17

It is annoying, lots of people look at me like I have two heads when I say I don't drink!

OkayGo Thu 10-Oct-19 23:07:17

Same here @Girliefriendlikescake

CookieDough2017 Thu 10-Oct-19 23:08:02

Also if your not slut dropping or shouting at the top of your voice you are classed as stuck up. This new girl has recently joined who is stunning but very quiet and reserved. I think she is a lovely girl but the others was saying she was stuck up cow. To be fair I get told to loosen up as well ... it's so annoying

ThighThighOfthigh Thu 10-Oct-19 23:10:28

Your friends are insane, don't go to places where alcohol is served with them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »