Talk

Advanced search

Me or MIL

(3 Posts)
Spottyegg55 Mon 07-Oct-19 22:28:06

Hi,

So the MIL has been pretty controlling in the past, so much so myself and DH have had to ask her to take a step back. However things get rocky as she generally goes behind my back and DH tends to take her side.

My most recent issue is DH has a big birthday coming up and shes taken it upon herself to book a large family holiday. While I really do appreciate the gesture, at no point has she involved me or asked me anything about it. Am I being unreasonable to want to be consulted over any plans I may have had for my DH?
I'm getting fed up approaching the same scenario over and over again. I'm not co sulted on anything and it's becoming a problem in our relationship also.

Please help!

PurpleDaisies Mon 07-Oct-19 22:28:44

YANBU at all.

GlitterSparkle85 Tue 08-Oct-19 09:32:53

Is he a mummy's boy?sounds like he needs to cut the apron strings and start standing up for you as you are his wife. To him this is normal so he wont understand your feeling about this maybe you need to sit down together whilst you're both calm to sort out boundaries and expectations xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »