Talk

Advanced search

First time driver........

(5 Posts)
Bug8 Mon 07-Oct-19 16:28:28

I have been learning to drive and had a test last month and failed. Am doing another test on the 18th. I have looking to buy a car hence been looking around online, I can't afford a new car so was opting for a used car. However, I have had a few people tell me to get a near new car or new. Issue is my credit rating is bad and don't think I can get a car on finance at all. Please advise, what people's experience with buying used cars??

Mummae21 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:10:59

Hey, I bought a car from a private seller - cost me about 2k... after a few months the car broke and I had to get another one. I went to trade it in to use the money towards a deposit for the new one and I was basically told me it was scrap bits of metal that had been together and the car was useless. I got £400 (luckily) for it and ended up getting a car which was a few years old on finance. My credit rating isn't the greatest either (work in progress) but I still got accepted and since then I've traded that in for a newer and better model. I've had no problems with either car (both Mercedes models.) I think it's worth paying off.. would never trust a private seller again now.

Mummae21 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:11:27

Good luck with your next test btw xxx

Bug8 Wed 16-Oct-19 18:54:57

Mummae21, thanks a lot for yo advise. I will look into getting one on finance. Thanks and fingers crossed test goes for me as am tired of cashing out on lessons.

Lola0426 Fri 18-Oct-19 15:55:41

How did you do today? smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »