Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever ask the universe for 'signs?

(7 Posts)
RuffleCrow Sun 06-Oct-19 18:24:21

I'm not normally very woo. I do have a vaguely christian spirituality thing going on but it's very personal to me. I don't really like the patriarchal side of it.

Anyway, recently I've been getting a strong feeling I should aim to move to a particular place. I asked the universe/ god / insert infinite concept for a sign that it was a good idea. Switched on the radio immediately afterwards and they were playing an old song (30 years) recorded a 10 minute walk from the exact place i feel the universe is 'drawing' me towards. Haven't really heard that song or thought of the band much since it came out - not really 'my kind of music' but it's on an album with a single my brother used to absolutely love as a little boy. We're sadly estranged these days.

I know i sound woo but do any of you think it could be more than random coincidence?

Today i was thinking about a particular celeb from the same area and again put the radio on and there was a random song from about 14 years ago by a certain artist and friend of this person. On the same album is a track written specifically about said celeb - i mean neither of them are particularly famous - the artist or the 'celeb' - it's not like Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift for example. Am i just going batshit or should i pay attention to these things? I don't mean drop everything and move tomorrow but should i take it as a general sign i'm on the right track?

As a teenager i used to take it for granted that these sorts of coincidences were everywhere and sometimes meant something. Then i grew up i suppose.

hyperkatinka Sun 06-Oct-19 18:30:10

It’s a general sign your heart is in the move, when we were making a big move we intuitively felt our way towards the decision rather than relying on reason alone. All big moves are a kind of leap of faith, and require hope. Good luck with it!!

RolytheRhino Sun 06-Oct-19 18:31:47

Yeah. Didn't work out though.

RuffleCrow Mon 07-Oct-19 10:14:18

Thanks for your replies. Sorry it didn't work out for you @RolytheRhino but glad things sound positive for you @hyperkatinka.

Just a quick update: this morning my 5 year old ds randomly said "I really want to go to [said place] mummy". I swear I haven't so much as mentioned the idea to him or said anything about it in front of him. He has ASD and is often in his own world anyway. The plot thickens!

RuffleCrow Mon 07-Oct-19 10:17:20

Of course he wanted to go there that very moment, which wasn't very practical. grin

665TheNeighbourOfTheBeast Thu 31-Oct-19 13:24:23

Look up "confirmation bias"

TricklBOO Thu 31-Oct-19 13:27:54

I was in a restaurant last night and mentioned to DH I loved a particular song by a certain artist. It came on next. Just a weird coincidence I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »