Talk

Advanced search

WWYD regarding DP's divorce & kids

(9 Posts)
OhAlice Sat 05-Oct-19 08:38:55

DP has his divorce hearing next week and i'd like to attend with him bc obviously his ex wife will be there and ew. it ended very badly. the hearing is scheduled for morning, but i'm not sure if it will be heard at that time or if he could be there all day.

we have two kids together, and our one year old is going through some insane separation anxiety. i cannot be out of her sight or she loses her shit. i have someone that can mind the kids if i go, but i don't want my baby to be crying for me all day. one thing i tv ought of was to have childminding friend come with us and i just sit in with DP when i can, which i think is just in the waiting room.

WWYD? go to the hearing or stay with the kids?

PotteringAlong Sat 05-Oct-19 08:43:41

Is “it ended badly” code for “he had an affair with me”? If so, stay away, regardless of the kids issue.

OhAlice Sat 05-Oct-19 09:10:17

@PotteringAlong no, she had an affair with someone which ended their marriage. i met him months later.

OhAlice Sat 05-Oct-19 18:58:48

anyone?

rainydays5 Sat 05-Oct-19 19:00:12

Stay with kids

Scarydinosaurs Sat 05-Oct-19 19:00:18

Who is ew and why is he/she going?

user1493413286 Sat 05-Oct-19 19:01:22

I would just leave your DP to it; if you’ve got two kids together I’m going to guess the marriage ended a while ago and this is just more a formality.

ArnoldBee Sat 05-Oct-19 19:07:40

Don't take your kids - courts are not the ideal place for them and it will make everything harder than it needs to be. If you really want to be there for him leave the kids with your friend.

Rachelover60 Sat 05-Oct-19 19:46:20

You don't need to go, there's no point in it. You're better off staying with your children. It won't take long and he'll be home before you know it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »