Talk

Advanced search

25 and thinking of breast reduction, anyone had one in the lincolnshire/humberside area?

(8 Posts)
kylah Sun 12-Aug-07 15:24:55

Hi, I've just turned 25 and had large bangers my whole life, not really related to weight as when I was a size 10 they were a 34ff and now I'm a 16/18 and got measured last week to find I'm now a 36J so now its beyond a joke! Back pain, slight hunch, uncomfortable bras, general big boob depression in summer when slight young lasses are bouncing around freely in triange bikini tops....
Have very supportive hubby and family but I cant find any live chats related to this topic on the net so hoping some of you out there could help, before I make an appointment with my GP. If anyone has had one, what can I expect, what were your experiences and if anyone in the lincolnshire/humberside area has had it done on the NHS (which I will need to do) was it a successful operation etc?

Mhamai Sun 12-Aug-07 15:27:52

I'm sure there was someone who had this op on MN last year? Will go and see if I can find anything.

Mhamai Sun 12-Aug-07 15:33:34

Ok not sure how to link from search messages but if you go into the search messages option and type in "Breast reduction" there are quite a few threads on the subject, hope that's of some use to you.

kylah Sun 12-Aug-07 16:08:03

Thanks your a star

Mhamai Sun 12-Aug-07 16:40:37

No problem, let us know how you get on? I'm a 38 DD heading for E and although not as big as you, I can totally empathise with being restricted to wearing certain types of tops.

kylah Sun 12-Aug-07 17:08:01

I'll keep you posted! Seeing my gp this week so hoepfully things will get moving quickly.

Piffle Sun 12-Aug-07 17:17:42

the nhs will only take off enough to make you comfy, it is why I am saving for private- gp said nhs would only likely take me back to E cup.... oh and she refused to refer me as was not big enough 32H at best

I'm in lincs and have just had 3rd and final child, am feeding him at least another yr so after that will see what size boobs come out at - was 32d pre kids am now 32H and with overspill and a only sz 10 back neck pain - you name it... clothes are nightmare

ricepuddingpaddington Sun 12-Aug-07 17:21:01

NHS is up to 2 yr waiting list.
I am prob going private this autumn (30J )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now