Talk

Advanced search

Hair extensions, anyone had them?

(6 Posts)
stripeytiger Thu 09-Aug-07 22:00:50

Had some put in today. They look so real (and very long). Was wondering if anyone out there has them, or had them in the past, what were other people's reactions and how did you get on with them generally. When I left the hairdressers I had loads of compliments which made me feel brilliant but I am a bit nervous about maintaining them.

Any comments or advice would be really welcome.

stripeytiger Fri 10-Aug-07 08:03:49

Anyone?

fortunecookie Mon 03-Sep-07 08:53:01

I wonder how stripey is managing.

I'm considering hair extensions because my hair is so thin that I have to have repeated "body waves" to get some volume into it. sick of these damn perms; the stink, the cost, the damage, the frizziness if there's even a hint of rain...

Anyone have similar problems?

dressedupnowheretogo Mon 03-Sep-07 08:57:10

hi im a hairdresser who has fine hair so i have hair x's all the time any questions cat me or leave them here and i'll get back to you

SSSandy2 Mon 03-Sep-07 09:03:07

If you have thin/fine hair, isn't there a danger the weight of the extensions will cause your natural hair to fall out? That's what my hairdresser told me. I have a lot of hair but it's fine and he advised me against extensions for that reason.

dressedupnowheretogo Mon 03-Sep-07 21:04:13

a decent hairdresser would only add hair extensions of the same weight by this i mean small extensions and small sections so you are not quadruapling the amount of hair you have iyswim

a good stylist will never go more than double the length and never more than double the weight
make sure you go to a raccoon or a great lengths hair salon

as real hair x's can be coloured dried straightened and curled
hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now