Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heellllloooooo myyyyyy naaaaaaame iiiiiiiiiiis Daaaaaaaan.............

(8 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 09-Aug-07 13:12:57

aaaaaaaand Iiiiiii'm caaaaaling frooooooom Keeeelllly Searrrrrrch dooooot cooooom....

So say the bloke who's just called and sounded like someone had hit the "extra slow" button on his voice box.

Gawd I'm getting fed up of this now - it's almost exactly 2yrs since the business folded and we STILL get phonecalls from people wanting to speak to x manager, y manager or z manager....sometimes it's the same company calling each time DESPITE me telling them that GoAfrica is no longer trading ARGHHHHHHH

DH reckons when they ask for the "accounts manager" I should say "that's me", "finance manager" - "that's me".....infact I'm all of the managers.....but I wish they'd sodding stop calling. we hardly got ANY calls when the business was up and running - yet since we closed we get loads of calls.

RANT OVER

PrincessGoodLife Thu 09-Aug-07 13:19:17

sounds annoying
someone's been selling your contact details

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 09-Aug-07 13:22:09

well I hope the people that bought them off of them don't give them any more business - we're a defunct business and seen as though the companies that keep (repeatedly) calling us will have paid good money for the I doubt they're particularly happy either.

Part of the problem is that we had an 0845 number......and you own it for life apparently - which means if anyone rings it they get us....DH keeps meaning to get it "switched off" (although we could always use it again in the future if we wanted to) - but hasn't got far very with it despite his best efforts.

mosschops30 Thu 09-Aug-07 13:29:53

QoQ stop hiding from the smoking thread

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 09-Aug-07 14:00:20

- sorry Moss - it's all gone tits up with the stoppng smoking I'm afraid....I've realised that school holidays with all 3 DS's at home all day is not a good time for me to quit.....

mosschops30 Thu 09-Aug-07 16:01:58

it never will be dear (ha ha listen to me I sound like a naggy ex-smoker ...just shoot me now)

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 09-Aug-07 16:19:45

no honestly - come September - DS1 at school from 9-3, DS2 at nursery 9-12 - I won't have to put up with DS2 running riot all morning/DS's fighting.

So I have a new quit date....5th September.

mosschops30 Thu 09-Aug-07 16:58:02

Good luck for then you'll have to come back and join the thread tho and keep us going strong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now