Talk

Advanced search

Breast reduction

(6 Posts)
Lovelybaba Sat 07-Sep-19 02:24:41

Hi so even before I was pregnant I've always had large breasts 30gg to be exact. A lot of people would be over the moon about that. Well I'm only 26 and I've always struggled to find things to fit me. Bras are a fortune as retailers don't always cater for my size and they Are never sexy, it's nice to feel nice. Even clothing can sometimes look awful on me!
I'm breastfeeding and I've obviously gone up in size. Also I find as there quite big it's hard to feed baby so everyone can't see my boobs.
I've read that if you have a reduction you may not be able to breastfeed?!?
Also I can't afford surgery, and I don't think I'd qualify to have one free as I don't have some of the cretia other than I sometimes feel sad about them and occasionally get back ache.
I suppose what I'm asking is, is it worth it?

autumnleaves15 Sat 07-Sep-19 02:33:45

I can't offer advice on a reduction but I'm in my 20s and had augmentation this week. If it's something you've always wanted and the pros outweigh the cons then go for it. You can always go for some free consultations to help you decide what's best.

loobywench Sat 07-Sep-19 03:27:47

I had a reduction 15 years ago. It was the best thing I've ever done! Clothes fit me and I had lovely underwear at last! I was told I wouldn't be able to breast feed but I had already had my 2 kids and didn't want another so that didn't affect me. I had it done on the nhs after years of back ache and very sore shoulders.

Knitclubchatter Sat 07-Sep-19 03:50:01

i just had mine done (April 29th) at the age of 61!!! i should have done it decades ago. i paid for the procedure on my own. although i probably would have qualified for government covered surgery (i'm in canada) i didn't want to wait any longer.

Lovelybaba Sat 07-Sep-19 11:53:08

Thanks for your replies!
Have you had any issues from having this done.
Id worry one will be bigger than the other or massive scars etc

Knitclubchatter Sat 07-Sep-19 18:27:02

for me the recovery was very easy, totally pain free from waking up of anesthetic. i do lead a quiet life and followed instructions of doing very little for the first few weeks (although i did dishes, laundry, dusted, meals, drove etc. but nothing heavy or cycling or swimming).
both are the same size (an improvement as i was lop sided before).
my incision lines are healing well and i expect will be great in a years time (the nipple and the line down are quite faded already, the longer one that goes from my breast bone all the way to my armpit remains deep pink)
i fully expect the longer one to fade fully.
but i have skin that heals well, i took extra precautions to prevent infection etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »