Talk

Advanced search

Aaargh! i-tunes help needed

(10 Posts)
mamama Wed 08-Aug-07 15:02:29

I hate itunes - because I can't bloody use it. I am sure it can't be as complicated as it seems.

Can anyone tell me how to:

* Import music from Windows Media Player without doing it one-by-one (I have a lot) and without copying what is already on itunes

* Delete duplicates without doing them one by one

* Convert/ move an itunes file so it can be played in media player

TIA

Mumzarello Wed 08-Aug-07 19:34:11

1: Change #3 before you start...
Find out where your media player songs are stored - in media player tools, options, rip music - folder location shown here

Then in itunes:
File
Add folder to library
Choose folder

2: try here

3: You are proably having probs as your itunes songs are in aac format which is incompatible with anything else. Change the way new songs are imported

edit
preferences
advanced
choose importing tab
Choose "impot using" MP3 encoder
Set Quality - I use higher (192)

HTH

mamama Thu 09-Aug-07 01:42:33

Mumzarello, thanks so much for all your help - I'm off to see what I can do with all this music now - it was driving me nuts.

Califrau Thu 09-Aug-07 01:45:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MhamaiJane Thu 09-Aug-07 01:49:24

Hey, sorry for the hi jack but are either cali or mamama still about? Could do with a quick caht before bed, have had a very stressful day.

MhamaiJane Thu 09-Aug-07 01:49:46

Chat even.

mamama Thu 09-Aug-07 01:54:46

Yup = am about - do you want to start a thread, or email? Hope you're ok mhamai x

MhamaiJane Thu 09-Aug-07 02:08:53

Hey mamama, I don't have the cat facility and my e mail contains my rl name so can't post here, I'm just a bit drained, ok in short my father has had alzheimer's disease for the past six years, to cut a long story short he was admitted to hospital this an hour ago after being in casualty since six pm this evening.

We have been down this road on and off for years but it looks like <well I'm not sure, see my thread "Here we go again" on carers if you want a snapshot> but basically I'm worn out!

My dd's father took his own life in January, I've fallen way behind with my degree and it's now looking like I'll have to repeat the year. I just feel so tired and worn out. I'm a single parent and it's a times like this that I'm sick of keeping it all going.

Sorry, it's probably the last thing you wanted on your itunes thread but I needed to vent before I go to bed, I just feel so alone.

Califrau Thu 09-Aug-07 02:10:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mumzarello Thu 09-Aug-07 08:43:50

Glad it helped mamama

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now