Talk

Advanced search

MIGRAINE HELP

(29 Posts)
loutyre Tue 03-Sep-19 21:58:18

Suffering from a migraine. Iv took paracetamol, I have drank lots of water, I have laid down in a silent dark room and now I'm sat on the sofa throwing up sorry TMI into my mop bucket still in agony with my head!

Any suggestions please

cushioncovers Tue 03-Sep-19 22:58:40

Agree with others sumatriptan with paracetamol and naproxen gets rid of them for me. The triptans are a life changer.

Bluetit101 Wed 04-Sep-19 06:01:29

@NellieTheElephant1

They really are. I never leave the house without them.
When I first started getting them my doctor gave me migraleave but they didn't even touch it.

ShowOfHands Wed 04-Sep-19 07:41:28

You need to find a regime that works for you. Most people find paracetamol utterly ineffective for migraines.

DH can't take triptans as they make the pain worse and cause chest pains too. He takes ergotamine, plus full fat coke and dispersible aspirin.

suraiya88 Mon 30-Dec-19 00:28:17

My daughter just started to get them was at wits end trying to find solution the Gp said if very bad she could take 4 ibruprofen together and then prescribed Sumatriptan which one stopped it very quickly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »