Talk

Advanced search

stealing from super markets!!!!

(24 Posts)
mumto2nuttybells Tue 07-Aug-07 22:35:48

I accidently stole a bottle of coke and a pack of baby wipes form waitrose today I put the bottle of coke under the pushchair as it wouldnt fit in my shopping basket and my son was screamong so i gave him a pack of babywipes as he loved pulling them out at home i thought it might keep hiim quiet trying to do this as htey were sealed tighly.I payed for my shopping but it wasnt till i got outside i noticed as i was trying to put my boguht shopping in the basket under the pushchair! woops

PeachesMcLean Tue 07-Aug-07 23:41:56

MN Confessions.

Waitrose can afford it. It was a genuine mistake. Don't feel too guilty. Don't do it again.

LyraBelacqua Tue 07-Aug-07 23:44:18

I did this once with a huge pack of nappies. Didn't realise till I got home and was too knackered to trudge all the way back to Sainsbury's so kept them

UCM Tue 07-Aug-07 23:44:58

It was an accident, no worries.

UCM Tue 07-Aug-07 23:45:52

I am glad you can afford to shop in Waitrose! Nutty as they are fucking stupidly expensive.

dmo Wed 08-Aug-07 09:22:57

we shop online and the other day 5 bags of shopping got delivered to our house with our own shopping that wasnt ours (dh took it in and unpacked it) so we phoned the supermarket and told them there mistake and they phoned back 5 mins later to say we could keep it
and yesterday shopping arrived and on the undelivered list was batteries and garlic bread, but while i unpacked the shopping the items were there and we wenrt charged for them but i just thought sod it and kept them

edam Wed 08-Aug-07 09:26:36

UCM, that's because they give their suppliers a fair deal instead of screwing them into the ground.

edam Wed 08-Aug-07 09:27:34

Ds nicked a tray of chewing gum from Sainsbury's once - must have pulled them off the display as I was paying at the till. Didn't realise until I got home. I don't even like chewing gum!

edam Wed 08-Aug-07 09:28:18

(he was in a buggy at the time so had them on his lap. Bad mother for not looking at him properly on the walk home.)

I stole a copy of The Times fro ma Tesco petrol station last week. Had been queuing for ages and picked up other random crap like crisps and coke. Had to fold the paper up and tuck it under my arm and then totally forgot it by the time I came to pay. I realised when I got back to the car but couldn't face going in and explaining. Naughty.

mckenzie Wed 08-Aug-07 09:44:32

we were in TK MAxx yesterday after doing some food shopping in M&S so DD was in an M&S trolley.
After we had left TK Maxx I noticed that she (or DS although he denied it) had put a handbag in the trolley. There was a guy just inside the shop who looked like management so I called out to him and expalined what had happened. He obviously thought I was quite mad for having left the store with an unpaid item and then come back to return it.
Especially as it turned out it was a Coast handbag that should have had a security tag on it!

zaphod Wed 08-Aug-07 09:48:17

You should have seen the look on the girls face when I brought back a pair of 4Euro pyjamas from Penneys(Primark), that I had hung off the buggy and forgotten about 'til we got to the car.

NatalieJane Wed 08-Aug-07 09:53:37

We were in Debenhams once getting DS1 a load of new clothes, I was carrying a lot of it, and DH hung some on the buggy, wasn't until we were at the other end of the MK shopping cantre that we realised the stuff he'd hung on the pushchair was still there.

We did go back and pay for it though, we had to go back through Debenhams to get to the carpark, but until we had gone back I thought every security guard was watching us, and I had visions of them following us around with the CCTV's cameras....

And I did also once walk out of Woolworhts with a board game under my arm, I'd payed for the other stuff I was carrying, but completely forgot about this game tucked under my arm, didn't realise until I was getting on the bus, so didn't pay for it, but the next time I was in town I did give the salvation army bloke a tenner to try and ease my guilt.

themoon66 Wed 08-Aug-07 10:47:07

Paid for all my shopping in what was then known as Safeways. Pushed trolley out to car and unpacked into boot. As I pushed trolley to trolley to the trolley bay, noticed a huge box of 18 cans of fosters lager underneath. Opps.

dmo Wed 08-Aug-07 12:31:30

did shopping once and paid with £10 note
got the change and my £10 back but did point it out to her as she gave it to me

Marne Wed 08-Aug-07 12:34:07

Dont worry, i have done it twice, only small items, first time was dh's birthday card from Tesco and a little doll from toys r us, i gave it to dd1 to hold and forgot she had it until we got to the car

littlelapin Wed 08-Aug-07 12:38:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Wed 08-Aug-07 12:39:19

Aitch Wed 08-Aug-07 12:41:59

dd stole a foot measuring thingy from clarks. very handy.

littlelapin Wed 08-Aug-07 12:44:38

Aitch Wed 08-Aug-07 12:45:45

jealous.

ZacharyQuack Wed 08-Aug-07 12:47:13

DD2 (2) swiped a lollipop from the newsagent yesterday. She got it from the toddler-height display stand and ran squealing all around the shop, waving her prize, out the door and across the park, with her 4yo sister in pursuit yelling "Run faster DD2" and me following unable to run because I'm trying not to let them see me laugh.

I caught her and made her take it back to the shop and apologise, then the shopguy blew it by insisting that she kept it! (I had it for supper )

Flower3554 Wed 08-Aug-07 12:48:44

I noticed, as I was walking away, the assistant had given me a twenty pound note instead of a fiver in the post office once.

I moved back into the front of the queue to tell her and she snapped "read the notice"
Above her head was a sign which read, Mistakes can not be rectified once you leave the counter.

Fair enough I said and off I went.

mumto2nuttybells Wed 08-Aug-07 14:41:06

well atleast im not the only one whos had the accident of not paying for stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now