Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ok, so today I sped up in my car, to avoid blocking the way for the bus, in my tiny town, only to see to my left two lady police officers zap me with a speed gun. There have never everbeen speed guns in my little town

(11 Posts)
pirategirl Mon 06-Aug-07 20:47:13

and i am absolutely horrified and terrified of getting points.

Its a 20 limit, the road is narrow, and the double decker bus was waiting for me to come down, so I picked up to about 26 to get to the other cars, so we could make enuff room for the bus.

I feel really bloody stupid, and also hard done by becuase i was actually doing it to help, iyswim/ Unfortunatley I have only had my licence 5 weeks.

Up to 15 miles over the speed limit is 3 points, 6 points and you lose your license as a probationer.

I ALWAYs go at the right speed, i am so gutted. This is ......... (town's name) fgs, the kind of town where you don't even see a normal policeman on the beat, tbh I dont even know if we have one.

These policewomen must have been drafted in. I feel ashamed, but also really down that this has happened, I was so proud that I got my licence for me and dd to get out more.

what a f ing wally. I wonder if I will get done.

Ags Mon 06-Aug-07 20:52:41

Sorry you are worried. Wonder if you have seen www.speedtrap.co.uk. Sets it all out very well and may help you know what procedures will be if this goes any further. I hope it all turns out ok.

PinkMartini Mon 06-Aug-07 21:02:32

See if Cod is around, she knows about these thing.
Try not to worry too much

pirategirl Mon 06-Aug-07 21:08:43

is Cod about then, god i am so annoyed with myslef, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time doing what I thought was the best thing.

pirategirl Mon 06-Aug-07 23:10:27

Frizbe Mon 06-Aug-07 23:36:22

{{{Hugs}}} really hope you don't get done, bump for cod

Rachmumoftwo Mon 06-Aug-07 23:43:50

I heard that 20 limits are guidelines, rather than enforcable, and are really 30. May not be true, but worth looking into. I am a new driver too, and the thought of being caught speeding terrifies me. Obviously I try not to speed, but sometimes, like with you today, the best thing seems to be to go faster to avoid trouble. You could always write to them, it usually works with parking tickets, so my stepmum tells me. Good luck.

pirategirl Tue 07-Aug-07 17:35:26

Ok, to update, I went to the police station today, and explained myself, and that If I had got done, please could they tell me asap, becuase i was so worried.

The woman on the desk said she'd try and look into it, and this afternon, thee was a mesage on my home fone saying, dont worry, they wee just doing speed tests, to see what the average speeds were on that bit of road.

I cannot believe how relieved I am, and tbh, it has made me think.

Thank god for that, and thanks for you replies.

Rachmumoftwo Tue 07-Aug-07 21:35:27

I'm so pleased. I did think of speed checks while I was driving this afternoon, and came back onto this thread to mention it. What a relief hey?

pirategirl Tue 07-Aug-07 21:56:13

thankyou hun, means alot.

NadineBaggott Tue 07-Aug-07 21:56:43

there are now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now