Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OK - All 3 DS's are in bed.........how long will it remain quiet???? - oh and moving from pram to pushchair question

(14 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 19:56:08

DS1 and 2 "may" mess around for a bit - but I've given them stark warnings not to .

DS3 unfortuantely is a little young for stark warnings. BUT (after the traumas of last week refusing bottles and screaming) he's been down for 10 minutes and not a sound (though I'm not holding my breath).

AND - he had about 4oz of milk at 12.45, another 5oz at 3 (and a short bf), 6oz (split either side of his bath) at about 5.15-5.30, then another 2 and bit oz's at about 7 (oh and a quick bf at 6.30 too)......which is about 10 times what I managed to get down him last week.

Question is.........will he now go to sleep nicely.....I've put him in his cot (where he doesn't usually settle for me)....but he's going to have to as at just 10 weeks he's almost outgrown his carrycot (one that fits on the pram but doubles as "moses basket" in the day.

OK pram/pushchair question. He's now only got about 2/3 inches (less when he lies with his legs completely straight) space at the top of his head with the carrycot. When he puts his arms and legs "out" (sort of "starfish" position - except it's knees sticking out rather than feet) he's completely squashed up against the sides. Imagine what your average 5/6yr old would look like trying to sleep in a normal sized cot.......not very comfortable LOL.

I honestly don't think he's going to be able to fit in their much longer.......but he's not supposed to go in the pushchair until he's 3 months is he??? Or will I just have to bit the bullet and put him in it with is reclined??

oooggs Mon 06-Aug-07 19:57:28

which pushchair is it, some are from birth?

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 19:59:35

it's an Hauck Infinity - it does recline all the way back - but he still wouldn't be laid completely "flat" because of the shape of the seat (rather than a "drop" for the legs the pushchair base sort of slopes........IYKWIM)

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 20:06:53

well as predicted just had to chase DS2 back into his bed (was trying to climb up to the top bunk to talk to DS3 ).

BUT DS3 is fast asleep in his cot without so much as a whimper .

Think I'm going to celebrate by going downstairs, watering the plants, tidying the ktichen and ironing ..........without worrying about getting him to sleep

Seona1973 Mon 06-Aug-07 20:29:29

when my ds grew out of the carrycot of the buggy I started putting him in his cot for daytime sleeps. meant he got less disturbed by dd's noise too.

oooggs Mon 06-Aug-07 20:35:29

not sure how flat that goes but dts have been in puschair part of nipper double since birth - not a lot of choice

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 20:49:57

Seona - that's fine (well sort of - I still have "problems" getting him to settle in his cot.....and even DH struggles during the day). It's more when I'm out and about that I was wondering about. I don't drive - so if I go out with the DS's - even down to the corner shop it's with the pram/pushchair...

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 21:37:29

YAY - I think I've gone it (got DS3 settled in his cot).......usually 1 1/2hrs is the "crunch time".....if he's going to wake up (rather than have his "long" sleep - 4-6hrs) it usually happens before he's had 1 1/2hrs - and he's had nearly 1 3/4hrs!

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 06-Aug-07 21:49:20

Yay

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 21:53:44

and having got DS3 weighed today and finding that he's put on 2kg (4lb 10oz) in the last 5 weeks and now weighs 6kg (13lb 10oz) makes me realise I haven't been a softy not being able to carry him round for long periods of time

oooggs Mon 06-Aug-07 22:07:15

when was he born QoQ?

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 22:27:28

24th May ooogs - just over 10 weeks old

oooggs Tue 07-Aug-07 17:30:53

my dads birthday QoQ dts are 18 weeks now (29 March)

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 08-Aug-07 13:10:38

ooogs - I don't know how people cope with twins...I know they say that they "just do" (because they have to) but it's so hard looking after just the one baby (especially with 2 older ones to look after too) that I can't even contemplate what it must be like with 2 or more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now